Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

NoLifeStory

Reaction score

NoLifeStory
A collection of various MapleStory related C++ projects

NoLifeClient
An alternative high performance MapleStory client. Still in development so please do not complain about missing features. Also, when I say high performance, I really mean it; most maps render at a thousand fps or more and loading times are nonexistent. To run NoLifeClient you will need NX files with bitmaps and audio. You can use NoLifeWzToNx with the -client flag to convert WZ files into NX files suitable for use with the client.
Media

retep998 - NoLifeStory - RaGEZONE Forums

NoLifeNx
A library for high performance NX file reading.

NoLifeNxBench
A benchmark for the NoLifeNx library. Also does various data dumps.

NoLifeWzToNx
A program to convert wz files into nx files. It is extremely fast, limited only by your hard drive speed (see the screenshot for an example of how fast it is with a good SSD).
Media
retep998 - NoLifeStory - RaGEZONE Forums

NoLifeIRC
An IRC bot that can look up data in the NX files on command. Effectively a text based GM handbook.

NoLifeWz
The broken remnants of what I used to use to do WZ reading, before I switched to NX.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
by any chance do you still have your old NLS code for that 'fancy console'?

Reaction score
Sorry to ask this question but I wasn't here long ago to know what NLS is. Can this support any ver of MS as long as you have the NX files? O_O

Reaction score
NoLifeStory 0.1.0:
Config system allowing you to config various things in NoLifeClient.cfg
Multi-threaded texture loading for faster map loads (if it causes issues enable safethreading in the config).
Other bugfixes and changes.

Reaction score
NoLifeStory 0.1.0:
Config system allowing you to config various things in NoLifeClient.cfg
Multi-threaded texture loading for faster map loads (if it causes issues enable safethreading in the config).
Other bugfixes and changes.

If it's not to much to ask for a quick vid or tut later to set NLS up? The guide on the website is kinda confusing o_O.
On other note: is NLC multi server'd, or is it still 1 player atm?

Reaction score
If it's not to much to ask for a quick vid or tut later to set NLS up? The guide on the website is kinda confusing o_O.
On other note: is NLC multi server'd, or is it still 1 player atm?
1. Download the nightly build.
2. Extract the nightly build.
3. Download the Data.nx with audio and bitmaps
4. Extract Data.nx to the same folder as the extracted nightly build.
5. Run NoLifeClient.exe

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Quick guide on building NoLifeStory for non-Windows users:

Setting it up...
Code:
git clone https://github.com/NoLifeDev/NoLifeStory.git
git submodule update --init
# optional stuff follows... (you can use it for the most-current updates)
cd NoLifeClient; git pull origin master; cd ..
cd NoLifeNx; git pull origin master; cd ..

Before building, you'll need some libraries. You'll need: SFML2, Boost, OpenGL, and mpg123.
On a Mac, I recommend using homebrew for this.
Code:
brew install boost glew mpg123
# if you want to use ninja, you'll need it...
brew install ninja
You can find SFML precompiled libraries .

Building with make
Code:
cmake -G "Unix Makefiles"
make

Building with ninja
Code:
cmake -G "Ninja"
ninja

If you're on a Mac, you'll need to install GCC 4.8.1 and set the compiler for CMake.
Using homebrew, that'll look something like this:
Code:
brew tap homebrew/versions
brew install gcc48
CXX_COMPILER=g++-4.8 cmake -G ...

If you're a Linux user, you should have no trouble finding the packages corresponding to any of the dependencies (or setting your C++ compiler to whatever else you might need).

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I still have all those old NLS files :) I love the potential of this. It's already a great map viewer, but your 'r' key is an example of how this is limitless. I also love the full screen option with F11. That is amazing to see the maps in my full resolution.

Edit: Your most recent update with the walkable characters was done impressively fast. Most of the physics are very accurate.

One question I have is that when I try to use the NX 135 that you shared, it stops with a MPG123 handle error. I'm assuming this is because those files are missing the media, right? If so, then how in the world can I obtain a full copy of those files?

On another note, I wish I could help work on this. If only I knew this code language x.x

Last edited:
Back