Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

NoLifeStory

Reaction score
NoLifeWzToNx now works for creating nx files for servers, although it still doesn't handle bitmaps/audio.
If people could test it out and make sure it works with every single wz file they can find, as well as testing the resulting nx files with servers and other programs that use nx files, that would be great.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
This is still under development? :3

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would gladly test it, although I've struggled with compiling it. If you could set up a compiling bot like what was done then that would be helpful for people like me who can't figure out how to set up the dependencies and would rather not own a copy of VS 10.

Edit: Er, I just noticed that you updated the first post with a new download. I do think that more people would check it out if there were regularly compiled versions (perhaps you update them whenever there is something to update in which case carry on).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would gladly test it, although I've struggled with compiling it. If you could set up a compiling bot like what was done then that would be helpful for people like me who can't figure out how to set up the dependencies and would rather not own a copy of VS 10.

Edit: Er, I just noticed that you updated the first post with a new download. I do think that more people would check it out if there were regularly compiled versions (perhaps you update them whenever there is something to update in which case carry on).
VS 2013 RC, not VS 2010.
And yes, I do update that download link every time I fix or add stuff.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
VS 2013 RC, not VS 2010.
And yes, I do update that download link every time I fix or add stuff.

Oh great! And thanks for the quick reply. I have one more question. I may just be missing a DLL or something, but currently when I start NoLifeClient, it crashes. I have tried my NX files from the Beta and from version 140. Both versions seem to crash when I start. The nx files are in the same folder as the client. Maybe I need VS runtime files or something. Although it didn't tell me what the problem is. It just said windows couldn't find a solution.

Reaction score
Oh great! And thanks for the quick reply. I have one more question. I may just be missing a DLL or something, but currently when I start NoLifeClient, it crashes. I have tried my NX files from the Beta and from version 140. Both versions seem to crash when I start. The nx files are in the same folder as the client. Maybe I need VS runtime files or something. Although it didn't tell me what the problem is. It just said windows couldn't find a solution.
Do the NX files come with audio and bitmaps, because NoLifeWzToNx does not yet convert audio and bitmaps, yet NoLifeClient depends on them being there. It's not a runtime issue because otherwise it would tell you it was missing a DLL. As long as your OS is 64-bit and is Vista or newer, I can't possibly imagine what other issues you might have unless.... are you by any chance using horrendous intel graphics?
For the next version, which I'm currently working on, I've made figuring out why it doesn't work a lot easier:
Code:
#include "game.hpp"
#include <iostream>
#ifdef _WIN32
#  include <Windows.h>
#endif

int main(int argc, char ** argv) {
#ifdef _WIN32
    if (IsDebuggerPresent()) {
        nl::game::play();
    } else {
#endif
        try {
            std::freopen("NoLifeClient.log", "a", stderr);
            std::freopen("NoLifeClient.log", "a", stdout);
        } catch (std::exception e) {
            std::cerr << "Uncaught exception: " << e.what() << std::endl;
        } catch (...) {
            std::cerr << "Unknown exception!" << std::endl;
        }
#ifdef _WIN32
    }
#endif
}

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do the NX files come with audio and bitmaps, because NoLifeWzToNx does not yet convert audio and bitmaps, yet NoLifeClient depends on them being there. It's not a runtime issue because otherwise it would tell you it was missing a DLL. As long as your OS is 64-bit and is Vista or newer, I can't possibly imagine what other issues you might have unless.... are you by any chance using horrendous intel graphics?
For the next version, which I'm currently working on, I've made figuring out why it doesn't work a lot easier:
Code:
#include "game.hpp"
#include <iostream>
#ifdef _WIN32
#  include <Windows.h>
#endif

int main(int argc, char ** argv) {
#ifdef _WIN32
    if (IsDebuggerPresent()) {
    } else {
#endif
        try {
            std::freopen("NoLifeClient.log", "a", stderr);
            std::freopen("NoLifeClient.log", "a", stdout);
        } catch (std::exception e) {
            std::cerr << "Uncaught exception: " << e.what() << std::endl;
        } catch (...) {
            std::cerr << "Unknown exception!" << std::endl;
        }
#ifdef _WIN32
    }
#endif
}
Oh right. I don't know why I made that mistake. It was the bitmap and audio thing. Thanks for your help.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have tried off and on over the last few month since this began. I really have no idea how to install the dependencies to get the project solution to build. Here are my current errors. Any help would be appreciated. I would love to edit some of the code but I can't do that if I can't build the project. :

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class std::vector<class sf::VideoMode,class std::allocator<class sf::VideoMode> > const & __cdecl sf::VideoMode::getFullscreenModes(void)" (?getFullscreenModes@VideoMode@sf@@SAABV?$vector@VVideoMode@sf@@V?$allocator@VVideoMode@sf@@@std@@@std@@XZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl nl::config::load(void)" (?load@config@nl@@YAXXZ) C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\NoLifeStory.git\trunk\client\config.obj NoLifeClient
Error 2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glewInit@0 referenced in function "void __cdecl nl::graphics::init(void)" (?init@graphics@nl@@YAXXZ) C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\NoLifeStory.git\trunk\client\graphics.obj NoLifeClient
Error 3 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall sf::String::String(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,class std::locale const &)" (??0String@sf@@QAE@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@ABVlocale@3@@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl nl::graphics::recreate_window(bool)" (?recreate_window@graphics@nl@@YAX_N@Z) C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\NoLifeStory.git\trunk\client\graphics.obj NoLifeClient
Error 4 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall sf::VideoMode::VideoMode(unsigned int,unsigned int,unsigned int)" (??0VideoMode@sf@@QAE@III@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl nl::graphics::recreate_window(bool)" (?recreate_window@graphics@nl@@YAX_N@Z) C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\NoLifeStory.git\trunk\client\graphics.obj NoLifeClient
Error 5 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall sf::Window::Window(void)" (??0Window@sf@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "class std::unique_ptr<class sf::Window,struct std::default_delete<class sf::Window> > __cdecl std::make_unique<class sf::Window>(void)" (??$make_unique@VWindow@sf@@$$$V@std@@YA?AV?$unique_ptr@VWindow@sf@@U?$default_delete@VWindow@sf@@@std@@@0@XZ) C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\NoLifeStory.git\trunk\client\graphics.obj NoLifeClient
Error 6 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall sf::Window::create(class sf::VideoMode,class sf::String const &,unsigned int,struct sf::ContextSettings const &)" (?create@Window@sf@@QAEXVVideoMode@2@ABVString@2@IABUContextSettings@2@@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl nl::graphics::recreate_window(bool)" (?recreate_window@graphics@nl@@YAX_N@Z) C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\NoLifeStory.git\trunk\client\graphics.obj NoLifeClient
Error 7 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall sf::Window::pollEvent(class sf::Event &)" (?pollEvent@Window@sf@@QAE_NAAVEvent@2@@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl nl::graphics::update(void)" (?update@graphics@nl@@YAXXZ) C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\NoLifeStory.git\trunk\client\graphics.obj NoLifeClient
Error 8 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall sf::Window::setTitle(class sf::String const &)" (?setTitle@Window@sf@@QAEXABVString@2@@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl nl::graphics::update(void)" (?update@graphics@nl@@YAXXZ) C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\NoLifeStory.git\trunk\client\graphics.obj NoLifeClient
Error 9 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall sf::Window::setVerticalSyncEnabled(bool)" (?setVerticalSyncEnabled@Window@sf@@QAEX_N@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl nl::graphics::recreate_window(bool)" (?recreate_window@graphics@nl@@YAX_N@Z) C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\NoLifeStory.git\trunk\client\graphics.obj NoLifeClient
Error 10 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall sf::Window::display(void)" (?display@Window@sf@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl nl::graphics::update(void)" (?update@graphics@nl@@YAXXZ) C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\NoLifeStory.git\trunk\client\graphics.obj NoLifeClient
Error 11 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16 referenced in function ___tmainCRTStartup C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\NoLifeStory.git\trunk\client\MSVCRTD.lib(crtexew.obj) NoLifeClient
Error 12 error LNK1120: 11 unresolved externals C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\NoLifeStory.git\trunk\Debug\NoLifeClient.exe NoLifeClient

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am mainly just interested in being able to remove the colorful lines that show boundaries and being able to make the character invisible. Those two things would allow for the maps to be used in videos as backgrounds. While holding shift, we would have camera movement. I am interested in using this for filming.

I would do it in the code if I could just get the project to build, but I can't seem to figure that out.

Reaction score
I am mainly just interested in being able to remove the colorful lines that show boundaries and being able to make the character invisible. Those two things would allow for the maps to be used in videos as backgrounds. While holding shift, we would have camera movement. I am interested in using this for filming.

I would do it in the code if I could just get the project to build, but I can't seem to figure that out.

Try to go on fyrechat irc, #vana channel, ask Peter directly there - he'd be able to help. And that's a great idea!

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Actually, people are having errors because they're failing to build as they're missing dependencies. Nevertheless, it is still under development whenever Peter is not lazy ;D.

well do u think all these people whom r failing are stupid ? cus im not ._.

Reaction score
well do u think all these people whom r failing are stupid ? cus im not ._.
The problem is that getting all the dependencies for NoLifeStory, and mucking about with git submodules, is a complex pain in the butt.
I already switched everything over to a single repo system to make it easier to download NoLifeStory, and I'm currently working on an SDK so people building NLS on Windows don't need to figure out all the dependencies themselves.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Fraysa : oh okay thanks !

@Retep998 : i will soooo wait for ur release ;) we all do :D ..... *and im not mucking from this*

Back