• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

NoLifeStory

Reaction score
I've tweaked the view code a bit and the position of the view is now pixel perfect.
retep998 - NoLifeStory - RaGEZONE Forums

retep998 - NoLifeStory - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice job! Just got back into maplestory after the initial Odin surge and this looks really promising. Quick question: how will you be handling skills?

On an off topic point does anyone know a good resource for learning networking theory as well as the boost asio library? The example and tutorials on the website seem to explain things really poorly (at least for me).

Reaction score
...I am just wondering this, is it possible for NoLifeStory to possibly go beyond what the current max resolution of MapleStory is?

Of course it is possible for NLS to use any resolution you want, but keep in mind that MapleStory maps were only designed for a specific set of resolutions. Whenever Nexon adds a new resolution they have to test all the maps to find issues, mainly a lot of background moving and fixing so you don't see the edges at high resolutions.

Quick question: how will you be handling skills?

I have no idea. I'll find out when I get to it.

Reaction score
How and where I use the -client flag?

NoLifeWzToNx is the program that converts the WZ format to NX. You should it use it there. Peter forgot to mention, but he changed the CLI of NoLifeWzToNx, so you have to use ". --client" to make it run properly (the dot is the current directory, and --client is the client argument).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
NoLifeWzToNx is the program that converts the WZ format to NX. You should it use it there. Peter forgot to mention, but he changed the CLI of NoLifeWzToNx, so you have to use ". --client" to make it run properly (the dot is the current directory, and --client is the client argument).
Sorry for being too much noob but... after I type this, what button should i press? Enter? Enter just close the application.

Reaction score
;)

I already know C#, and I'm not going to use it for NLS because it is an inefficient managed language that doesn't let me do the things I want.
As it stands NoLifeStory's memory usage is trivial because of how I'm able to implement my NX library.
In most languages, there simply isn't the low level control to do the sorts of memory mapping black magic I do in my NX libraries in C++ and Rust.
If anything, I may move NLS over to Rust, since it is a fancy high level language with more safety than C#, but still providing the low level features I need.
But any sort of .NET or JVM language? Definitely not.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey what are actually the current features of NoLifeStory?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Fraysa i know what and ho to read it was just a question and the git have almost 1 monht whitout any update
Retep998 has for NoLifeStory. The last clear update was 6 days ago. Regardless, git updates are not indicative of progress.

Back