Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] The 'n' bug fix.

UNTIL THEN!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This could be considered a workaround, but, it fixed my problem, and hopefully and it can fix others.

Anyways, I assume most of you know about this annoying issue:

tZq3cyR - [Release] The 'n' bug fix. - RaGEZONE Forums

Where N's appear with mainly hardcoded NPC's giving quests, etc. Well, I figured out a way to get rid of that any v83 client, a simple workaround. It fixes the issue for me, and hopefully for you as well. I hated how I needed to download a clean localhost in order to fix the issue. So, I figured that the problem occurred like writing a bad NPC.

You need to download a program called STREDIT by Diamondo25.

You need to search this: "*list0*" (without the quotes) in the search bar. Clicking Search twice will bring you to the lines with the strings:

Code:
\r\n\r\n#fUI/UIWindow.img/UtilDlgEx/list1#\r\n

\r\n\r\n#fUI/UIWindow.img/UtilDlgEx/list0#\r\n

\r\n\r\n#fUI/UIWindow.img/UtilDlgEx/list3#\r\n

\r\n\r\n#fUI/UIWindow.img/UtilDlgEx/list2#\r\n

#d#L%d# %s#l#k\r\n

They were in that order, with my client. Anyways, what you need to do is remove (backspace) the '\n'. Making them just like this:

Code:
\r\n\r\n#fUI/UIWindow.img/UtilDlgEx/list1#\r

\r\n\r\n#fUI/UIWindow.img/UtilDlgEx/list0#\r

\r\n\r\n#fUI/UIWindow.img/UtilDlgEx/list3#\r

\r\n\r\n#fUI/UIWindow.img/UtilDlgEx/list2#\r

#d#L%d# %s#l#k\r

Save the client as a new client or overwrite it, log in, and the problem should be gone. Like so:

HWr08PT - [Release] The 'n' bug fix. - RaGEZONE Forums

The problem may potentially occur again certain cases, if that is the case, I will update this post.

Update: Okay, three minutes after I updated this post, I figured out that this does not patch every single 'n'. It will only fix the ones that occur with the certain symbols that corrlate to the WZ file images: UI/UIWindow.img/UtilDlgEx/list1, etc. To fix the rest, you need to do this as well:

Scroll down a bit from the first fix, or, search "*QuestIcon*" (without the quotes). You'll see lines similar to this:

Code:
\r\n\r\n#fUI/UIWindow.img/QuestIcon/3/0#\r\n

\r\n\r\n#fUI/UIWindow.img/QuestIcon/4/0#\r\n

You'll see multiple of them, like this:

md9xBtJ - [Release] The 'n' bug fix. - RaGEZONE Forums

Like before, remove the '\n' from the lines, and make them look like the lines in my image. The problem should be fixed with those as well.

Looking into things even more, I found that pretty much all lines with \n at the end are broken within that part of the client, so I would just recommend removing all \n's.

The last part can be searched using "*#v*"

Finding lines like this:

Code:
#L%d##v%d:# #t%d:# %d#l\r\n

#v%d:# #t%d:# %d\r\n

Potentially this line as well:

#s%07d:# #q%07d:# \r\n

Once again, just do the same thing: Remove the N's. Problem should be fixed, like this:

h5LvidH - [Release] The 'n' bug fix. - RaGEZONE Forums

Sorry about the gorilla style format, but, hopefully, it should give people a basic understanding of what to fix.

Credits:

Shawn for http://forum.ragezone.com/f428/add-learning-npcs-start-finish-643364/ (This was caused by NPC scripting, afterall.)

Diamondo25 for http://forum.ragezone.com/f921/release-stredit-localhost-editor-810762/

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You need to download a program called STREDIT by Diamondo25.

Use the program that caused the error to fix the error
nJTw7xz - [Release] The 'n' bug fix. - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any solution for the "auto assign AP"?
Have the same problem with n/n when u set the Auto AP system

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Worked like a charm. Thanks for the release!

Back