Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] Client load .img instead of .wz v62~v92

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This probably works for versions much earlier than v62, but MapleLegends is the earliest known.

This is for v92, I wont include addresses. You can find all the addresses for this from CWvsApp::InitializeResMan. C++ isn't my thing, sorry if it's ugly.

You can also look at BMS's servers and their initialization methods, it's effectively the same.
Afterwards, create a "Data" folder and place the .img's from Base inside of it. Then extract the .img's from Character/Effect/etc into it with proper UOL/folder structure. There's an attachment below.

MapleLegends v62:

@Feras v83:

@Saleem93 multiversion:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Awesome release, much appreciated. You guys still need put some effort to get this working still. The hook function needs to be sorted and variables must be declared properly. Yeah, and there's still the method addresses, types and missing addies so good luck.

The most notable advantages of this WZ reading method in my opinion are:
  • It does almost eliminate the GFX glitches and memory leaks happening making the client extremely unstable especially if you are bringing new content from newer versions to old ones with WZ editing.
  • It makes pushing updates and patches to your users much easier and less bandwidth consuming.
  • It's cool and interesting as it makes your game installation directory and file structure looks well organized with only one sub-directory "Data" containing all the WZ images instead of all those cluttered WZ files in the index.
  • What else do you guys think?? Of course, it has a few disadvantages I will talk about later.

I am currently working on getting this to work for me, I will report back later. Thanks so much. :w00t:

EDIT: I just released a with combined community effort to reduce complexity and make it easier for less experienced people getting this to work on different client versions. Send commits to help, thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Work good in v95, Helps that the method is unvmed in our client and I can pretty much piggyback like 8/10 original calls <3 Thanks Dad

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay, with the first commit contributed from @Darter I will announce the I've been working on. This will push start the effort and make it much easier for community and less experienced people to get this working.

There will be some confusion resulting from client version variation. Thus, this repository is supposed to reduce complexity and combine everyone's effort. I need feedback from you guys especially those if you got this to work on a low version client.

Send commits to make this more convenient for public use. Thanks. :sleep:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
soo what visual studio version did u guys compile this on cuz 2017 version doesnt work

I compiled just fine on both 2015 and 2017. It appears to have been built with 2015 because of the need for the v140 toolset.

Anyway, awesome release, thanks man! v83 works with a few minor adjustments to the DLL.

Last edited:
Kaotic Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
well i got it compiled but i dont know how obtain the addresses cuz i suck at packets
just have to wait until someone is willing to post v83 addresses.

i realized no one will ever use this cuz u cant encrypt the wz edits and with all babies out there crying their work getting stolen, something this nice will end up being shelved. its really sad.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well i got it compiled but i dont know how obtain the addresses cuz i suck at packets

i realized no one will ever use this cuz u cant encrypt the wz edits and with all babies out there crying their work getting stolen, something this nice will end up being shelved. its really sad.

Yes you can lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
soo what visual studio version did u guys compile this on cuz 2017 version doesnt work
whatever you want

? the same methods used to change the .wz encryption work for .img

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I just merged a which apparently includes addresses for v83 but I am not sure if they are correct because my source and client is v62, I need confirmation from the guys who got this working on v83.

Kaotic Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i can test them and report back to u saleem93, if they work i do thank everyone for helping

also do u need the base wz files along with data folder to load the game? or cuz the after part wasnt really shown or explained

for me on v83 i still get error code 0x80030002

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
also do u need the base wz files along with data folder to load the game? or cuz the after part wasnt really shown or explained

Look at the picture posted by buttbeam the "Base.wz" file has only 3 images and you need to take those ".img" files and put them at the index of the "Data" directory as shown..

The only thing that you might want to keep at the index of MS directory is the "List.wz" file because it doesn't contain any images.

Kaotic Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
u think u could post a full screen shot of ur v62 folder of it working?

i did data folder 100% correct and all to the image shown but game doesnt load and i put in vanilla wz files and game only loads from them not the data folder.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First of all, this is a community project so I will not communicate in private, information should be available to anyone, use this thread. Also, due to client version variation between people you might want to make minor changes to the "Resman.cpp" file in accordance with your version especially under "Data Type".

If someone gets this to work on a specific version just send a PR or post the required changes so I can attempt to make this universal as is.

Ahh, there's one more thing that people didn't mention.. You need to look for the following strings of your client localhost with STRedit and fix the data folder path to be inside the current folder instead of outside it:

Code:
2267;"Data"
2268;"DataT"

So, no more "../Data" and this will make the client detect the data folder after you dump the ".IMG" files from HaRepacker inside it. Please note that each version will have them at a different STR id.

Kaotic Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i wanted to the discord to share screen lol not do anything private

also in string editor the lines for data are 2294 and 2295 for v83
after changing what u said up top if i re-open stredit for client i get this error

even tested with export/import same error

umm im not very good with c#

Also, due to client version variation between people you might want to make minor changes to the "Resman.cpp" file in accordance with your version especially under "Data Type".

what changes need to be made not everyone here is a master C#

it would be nice if someone could make the dlls and post them, if ppl really want to keep it simple

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
also i found something called data.wz in string does this need to be changed?

This is not relevant because Data.wz was only used in early MS versions like way before v62, ignore it. One last thing, you need to confirm the DLL is actually injected properly, in order to do that you have to un-comment this line from " "

Code:
//ShowConsole(); //Uncomment for debugging.

If you launch your client and it shows the console it means at the very least DLL was injected. About the "Data" string path I changed it on my v62 client and it doesn't give me an error.

Back