Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] Client load .img instead of .wz v62~v92

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
well some of us dont have time to learn c c++ java run a server make a client all in 1.
its not all about spoon feeding.

If you don't have enough time, then you don't have enough time. Learn with what time you have. If you don't want to learn then don't go around asking to be spoon fed on a development forum. Play what is available to you because others are willing to learn and have put in the hard work. Also, saying you don't have enough time as an excuse for wanting to be spoon fed, then getting upset about being called out for always begging to be spoon fed, doesn't give you any credibility. Finally, FYI, many of us are busy. A majority of the maple development community are people who are 18+ and have other obligations, so pulling those excuses only make you look ignorant, snobby and childish.

Also... why is it everywhere I go I see you attracting negative attention?

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
this is a dead project
well some of us dont have time to learn c c++ java run a server make a client all in 1. its not all about spoon feeding.

If you don't have enough time, then you don't have enough time. Learn with what time you have. If you don't want to learn then don't go around asking to be spoon fed on a development forum. Play what is available to you because others are willing to learn and have put in the hard work. Also, saying you don't have enough time as an excuse for wanting to be spoon fed, then getting upset about being called out for always begging to be spoon fed, doesn't give you any credibility. Finally, FYI, many of us are busy. A majority of the maple development community are people who are 18+ and have other obligations, so pulling those excuses only make you look ignorant, snobby and childish.

Also, why is it everywhere I go I see you attracting negative attention?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Wow this is really cool! Thank you to everyone who contributed. gist.github.com/iloveroblox2011/8ba207e6c23c0f4b92d9d413515adce9
Here's my contribution for v59, if anyone else even uses that version.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys Can somone help me With This .IMG Loader ? ive done everything without any errors But when i Click on my Client Nothing happend. (V83) No Error + No game loading ive done all those steps without any error :You need to specify the correct function addresses in "Resman.cpp" for your particular client version. In fact, you should find information in the "Addies" directory for the major versions.So, after you compile this project resulting in a DLL file you need to inject it. Now, there are many ways to inject a DLL to your MapleStory client but this project is already configured with the APIDummy export method.Download CFF Explorer.Go to "File > Open" and select your "ijl15.dll" inside your MapleStory directory.Proceed to "Import Adder" and click "Add" then select the compiled DLL file.Import the "APIDummy" export that you just added.Click "Rebuild Import Table" then save the file. Now your client should automatically load with the compiled DLL already injected.

Hello Guys,
ive done all the steps and can run the Game.
ive compiled without errors / Exported all WZ files to .IMG in "DATA" Folder But when i click on the client nothing happend. NO Error + No game starting.
Can Someone help me solve this issue please ?

Hello Guys,
ive done all the steps and compiled without any errors.
but when i start the client nothing happend No Error Popup + Game Wont starting ..
V83 Server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The code released here won't work if that's what you're asking, not sure if that was intentional or not. As far as my personal implementation of this goes, it works universally across all versions so I can assure you v83 will work just fine if done correctly.
Is the code given here plain wrong, or is it just that one of the addresses incorrect?

Kaotic Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
if u fix memory leaks with how graphics are loaded and unloaded in game this img patch is useless. its only useful if u plan on having wz files bigger than 2 gigs.

and no one will EVER release a v83 on here.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if u fix memory leaks with how graphics are loaded and unloaded in game this img patch is useless. its only useful if u plan on having wz files bigger than 2 gigs.
and how does one fix the memory leak?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the addresses are fine. i wouldn't say the code here is "plain wrong", just redundant and missing some parts.
How come some people say they got it working flawlessly on v62 and v95, but it doesn't work on v83?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
QQ图片20200522142808 - [RELEASE] Client load .img instead of .wz v62~v92 - RaGEZONE Forums QQ图片20200522142808 - [RELEASE] Client load .img instead of .wz v62~v92 - RaGEZONE Forums
My HOOK was successful, all the injected functions returned S_OK, when the main program of GMSv83 wanted to call the function module in ResMan, the parameters passed in did not know whether this was correct, I think many friends in the forum might get stuck Here this function will eventually return to 80004003 experienced friends, please help me. I just participated in the Adventure Island study for 2 weeks. I have a lot of C ++ programming experience, but I am still new to MapleStory.

the addresses are fine. i wouldn't say the code here is "plain wrong", just redundant and missing some parts.
help me.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Works fine in v83 if you follow the OP's method, our v83 code was just wrong. There's the stdcall/cdecl problem mentioned in that other thread, and the PcSetRootNameSpace arg shouldn't be dereferenced (v95 uses the deref, but internally it just pushes the address of that deref before calling a second function; v83 inlines that first call so the address of that deref i.e. g_root itself should be pushed)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Delete this please :3!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Awesome release, much appreciated. You guys still need put some effort to get this working still. The hook function needs to be sorted and variables must be declared properly. Yeah, and there's still the method addresses, types and missing addies so good luck.

The most notable advantages of this WZ reading method in my opinion are:
  • It does almost eliminate the GFX glitches and memory leaks happening making the client extremely unstable especially if you are bringing new content from newer versions to old ones with WZ editing.
  • It makes pushing updates and patches to your users much easier and less bandwidth consuming.
  • It's cool and interesting as it makes your game installation directory and file structure looks well organized with only one sub-directory "Data" containing all the WZ images instead of all those cluttered WZ files in the index.
  • What else do you guys think?? Of course, it has a few disadvantages I will talk about later.

I am currently working on getting this to work for me, I will report back later. Thanks so much. :w00t:

EDIT: I just released a with combined community effort to reduce complexity and make it easier for less experienced people getting this to work on different client versions. Send commits to help, thanks in advance.

nice released,but no V90?

Discord: .z41n
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Awesome release, much appreciated. You guys still need put some effort to get this working still. The hook function needs to be sorted and variables must be declared properly. Yeah, and there's still the method addresses, types and missing addies so good luck.

The most notable advantages of this WZ reading method in my opinion are:
  • It does almost eliminate the GFX glitches and memory leaks happening making the client extremely unstable especially if you are bringing new content from newer versions to old ones with WZ editing.
  • It makes pushing updates and patches to your users much easier and less bandwidth consuming.
  • It's cool and interesting as it makes your game installation directory and file structure looks well organized with only one sub-directory "Data" containing all the WZ images instead of all those cluttered WZ files in the index.
  • What else do you guys think?? Of course, it has a few disadvantages I will talk about later.

I am currently working on getting this to work for me, I will report back later. Thanks so much. :w00t:

EDIT: I just released a with combined community effort to reduce complexity and make it easier for less experienced people getting this to work on different client versions. Send commits to help, thanks in advance.

Shoutout to this user and his/her team. Very thankful. Injected the new DLL, currently dumping IMG files via WZdumper, and going to do a first run. Fingers crossed - if you don't hear back from me, this most likely worked.

EDIT:
v83. So I have the Data folder, have the updated ijl15.dll file, added the CIL.dll file, but running the client doesn't open up the game. I see it tries to connect on my console, but the game itself doesn't open. I've also uncommented the debug line and see that "resman was hooked", and updated my STREDIT lines to be Data and DataT, respectively, but again running the client doesn't show anything. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
V83 results are not good

v83. So I have the Data folder, have the updated ijl15.dll file, added the CIL.dll file, but running the client doesn't open up the game. I see it tries to connect on my console, but the game itself doesn't open. I've also uncommented the debug line and see that "resman was hooked", and updated my STREDIT lines to be Data and DataT, respectively, but again running the client doesn't show anything. Any ideas?

For v83 specifically, I advise to use this fork..

Back