[RELEASE] Client load .img instead of .wz v62~v92
    hey,can u share v83 code?

MemberRank
    Nov 2018 Join Date
    ChileLocation
    13Posts

cool Re: [RELEASE] Client load .img instead of .wz v62~v92

Delete this please :3!
    Last edited by arufonsu; 03-06-20 at 10:29 PM.

MemberRank
    Jan 2010 Join Date
    34Posts

Re: [RELEASE] Client load .img instead of .wz v62~v92

Quote Originally Posted by Saleem93 View Post
    Awesome release, much appreciated. You guys still need put some effort to get this working still. The hook function needs to be sorted and variables must be declared properly. Yeah, and there's still the method addresses, types and missing addies so good luck.

The most notable advantages of this WZ reading method in my opinion are:
    • It does almost eliminate the GFX glitches and memory leaks happening making the client extremely unstable especially if you are bringing new content from newer versions to old ones with WZ editing.
    • It makes pushing updates and patches to your users much easier and less bandwidth consuming.
    • It's cool and interesting as it makes your game installation directory and file structure looks well organized with only one sub-directory "Data" containing all the WZ images instead of all those cluttered WZ files in the index.
    • What else do you guys think?? Of course, it has a few disadvantages I will talk about later.

I am currently working on getting this to work for me, I will report back later. Thanks so much.

EDIT: I just released a github repository with combined community effort to reduce complexity and make it easier for less experienced people getting this to work on different client versions. Send commits to help, thanks in advance.
    nice released,but no V90?

MemberRank
    Aug 2008 Join Date
    151Posts

Awesome release, much appreciated. You guys still need put some effort to get this working still. The hook function needs to be sorted and variables must be declared properly. Yeah, and there's still the method addresses, types and missing addies so good luck.

The most notable advantages of this WZ reading method in my opinion are:
    • It does almost eliminate the GFX glitches and memory leaks happening making the client extremely unstable especially if you are bringing new content from newer versions to old ones with WZ editing.
    • It makes pushing updates and patches to your users much easier and less bandwidth consuming.
    • It's cool and interesting as it makes your game installation directory and file structure looks well organized with only one sub-directory "Data" containing all the WZ images instead of all those cluttered WZ files in the index.
    • What else do you guys think?? Of course, it has a few disadvantages I will talk about later.

I am currently working on getting this to work for me, I will report back later. Thanks so much.

EDIT: I just released a github repository with combined community effort to reduce complexity and make it easier for less experienced people getting this to work on different client versions. Send commits to help, thanks in advance.
    Shoutout to this user and his/her team. Very thankful. Injected the new DLL, currently dumping IMG files via WZdumper, and going to do a first run. Fingers crossed - if you don't hear back from me, this most likely worked.

EDIT:
    v83. So I have the Data folder, have the updated ijl15.dll file, added the CIL.dll file, but running the client doesn't open up the game. I see it tries to connect on my console, but the game itself doesn't open. I've also uncommented the debug line and see that "resman was hooked", and updated my STREDIT lines to be Data and DataT, respectively, but again running the client doesn't show anything. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Z41N; 28-11-20 at 02:23 AM.

MemberRank
    Sep 2020 Join Date
    8Posts

sad Re: [RELEASE] Client load .img instead of .wz v62~v92

V83 results are not good
    Last edited by illus1ion; 29-11-20 at 03:11 PM.

MemberRank
    Apr 2018 Join Date
    28Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illus1ion View Post
    V83 results are not good
    Quote Originally Posted by Z41N View Post
    v83. So I have the Data folder, have the updated ijl15.dll file, added the CIL.dll file, but running the client doesn't open up the game. I see it tries to connect on my console, but the game itself doesn't open. I've also uncommented the debug line and see that "resman was hooked", and updated my STREDIT lines to be Data and DataT, respectively, but again running the client doesn't show anything. Any ideas?
    For v83 specifically, I advise to use this fork..
    https://github.com/Arufonsu/ClientImageLoader

MemberRank
    Aug 2008 Join Date
    151Posts

For v83 specifically, I advise to use this fork..
    https://github.com/Arufonsu/ClientImageLoader
    Thanks! Got it working.

However, Horntail causes severe GFX issues and still causes DC... wasn't this suppose to eliminate or at least reduce? Appears to be the same if not worse :/
    Last edited by Z41N; 30-11-20 at 09:57 PM.

MemberRank
    Apr 2018 Join Date
    28Posts

I just reworked and cleaned the code on the github repository based on my own working implementation from my production server.

It will work immediately on major versions as long as you provide correct addresses. Good luck!

https://github.com/MapleMyth/ClientI...CIL/Resman.cpp

NOTE: No need to change function types at all, that implementation is universal, only minor changes needed for some versions.
    Last edited by Saleem93; 18-12-20 at 03:45 PM.

MemberRank
    Aug 2008 Join Date
    151Posts

I just reworked and cleaned the code on the github repository based on my own working implementation from my production server.

It will work immediately on major versions as long as you provide correct addresses. Good luck!

https://github.com/MapleMyth/ClientI...CIL/Resman.cpp

NOTE: No need to change function types at all, that implementation is universal, only minor changes needed for some versions.
    Great work my man, was the change simply to make things more universal or does this make the loading more efficient as well? Got mine working just not sure if I should update now lol Thanks

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Advertisement