Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] MapleDos - Windows 10 Old Clients Temporary Fix

Reaction score
wzKo8Aw - [Release] MapleDos - Windows 10 Old Clients Temporary Fix - RaGEZONE Forums
MapleDos

So after applying @Eric's fix to your old MapleStory clients, you're probably wondering why they're still sometimes crashing. That sucks, I know, but I made it a bit easier for you guys.

This application will attempt to launch your client. If the client will show up the parameter error (or any other error you may have been receiving), it will automatically close the error window and kill the client and attempt to run it again until it works. If the client launches correctly, the application will close.

Oh and... this can also be useful if you want to launch a server that's on server check.

How to use?

Edit MapleDos.xml: 'Path' refers to your client path. This must include the client name as well as exe extension. 'Interval' refers to the time the application will wait for the error message in milliseconds. So, for example - 5 seconds for the parameter error, 10 seconds for server check, etcetera.

How does this work?
Simply launches the process, and by using the process's handle it checks for the class name. If the class name is a type of a dialog, then the application knows it's an error message (#32770 (Dialog) to be exact). If it's an error dialog, kill it and try again. If not, then all good. Simple stuff.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
MapleDos only attempts to open the localhost binary once for me, then it exits.

Back