Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

tinynx and nxfs - C library and file system for .nx files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
tinynx

I spent some time playing with the and made a minimal single-file C implementation of the format that works on windows and unix-like systems. under 600 lines of pure code (~900 with comments), no external library dependencies, compiles in a split second on most machines.

this can be included as a single file library in your maplestory-related projects.

I also included a basic command line interface that showcases what the library can do and lets you read values and dump data from nx files:

Franc[e]sco - tinynx and nxfs - C library and file system for .nx files - RaGEZONE Forums

nxfs

a fuse filesystem that lets you mount a .nx file as a read only directory and read values as json files or raw mp3/bitmap files for images and audio.

this was an exercise in writing my first fuse filesystem but it turned out neat and you get file browsing GUI's, searching and all that good stuff for free since it's no different than a normal directory to other software.

tested on linux, should work on osx and anything else that supports fuse. might port it to winfsp some day.

this can still use some optimization, especially on partial reads. and maybe some caching for bitmaps so it doesn't decompress them every time you touch them, although lz4 is quite fast.

Franc[e]sco - tinynx and nxfs - C library and file system for .nx files - RaGEZONE Forums

Back