Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v176] Moonlight 1.5 Launcher (Client + Bypass + Register)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi.

This builds upon Bluntest's Moonlight (original post) and adds the ability for users to register an account right from the client. So its basically a mini-launcher.
Please read his original post to better understand how to work this thing & full credits to that project's creators & contributors :)

Swordie Discord:
How to set-up Swordie v176: here

Also, I basically hacked this together using YouTube and searching on Google, so please forgive the bad code and feel free to give me detailed instructions on how to improve this.

You will need Connector/Net for this to work:

Source:
Download (this was compiled to work with my server credentials, don't recommend you use this):
Screenshots:
Kieul - [v176] Moonlight 1.5 Launcher (Client + Bypass + Register) - RaGEZONE Forums

How to use for your server credentials:
- Clone repository
- In Client.cs, edit this line to match your server credentials:
Code:
private MySqlConnection connection = new MySqlConnection("server=localhost;port=3306;username=root;password=;database=swordie");

- Change from Debug to Release.
- Build solution

Register form features:
- Will validate that all fields filled
- Will validate that username and password are at least 4 characters long
- Will validate that username is not already taken
- Return error message if any of the above are violated

Didn't bother validating email because who enters real emails anyway right?

Alright have fun & hope it works for you lmao.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If you were to give this client to someone, would they hypothetically have full access credentials to your database?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If you were to give this client to someone, would they hypothetically have full access credentials to your database?

Yes.

If you wanted registration from the launcher, make a PHP page that you call from your program.
That way your SQL info is not exposed. It's still not the best option to use but much safer than having your database credentials out there like that

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This would be work for v203.4 source? and if isn't, what should i add to make it work?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
is this localhost only? I tried to change it to my server's ip and get this error

Back