Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Windows 10 v83 localhost

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Most people should already have this fix but I was Ducking around and ending up deciding to just release a client with it in for those leechers.

Isn't clean because I was creating a copy for maplesilver.
It has droppable nx, frog jump, tubi, 2.1bill damage cap, and probably some other junk that I don't know of.

Hopefully someday every server will have a w8/10 fix.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Most people should already have this fix but I was Ducking around and ending up deciding to just release a client with it in for those leechers.

Isn't clean because I was creating a copy for maplesilver.
It has droppable nx, frog jump, tubi, 2.1bill damage cap, and probably some other junk that I don't know of.

Hopefully someday every server will have a w8/10 fix.

Could you explain to me how you did this? Most people used some form a dll, what did you do? I am rather new to client editing so I want to make my client compatible. I figured either do what you did on a clean client, or edit your client and revert all the higher rate features. Thanks in advance!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Could you explain to me how you did this? Most people used some form a dll, what did you do? I am rather new to client editing so I want to make my client compatible. I figured either do what you did on a clean client, or edit your client and revert all the higher rate features. Thanks in advance!
Give this thread a read:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f921/release-documentation-fixing-w8-w10-1115645/
A .dll is not a requirement, you can do it all in a hex editor. You'll need to codecave for the proper v83 implementation but you could get away with just jumping the call and get similar results.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Was having a bit of a rough time completely understanding how to implement the fix.

If it works as expected, I'll be using this locally over the client provided with Moople.
Speaking of that, was this created based on Kevin's, or by Color's, or?

Honestly thank you for this.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yea fixed the -214 error but now I get 70% of time time opening the client 'MapleStory has stopped working'.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yea fixed the -214 error but now I get 70% of time time opening the client 'MapleStory has stopped working'.

Wouldn't be surprised if this client was not code-caved with its own section giving a kernel32 sleep call. It should just be doing a JMP like all the other clients are doing. Feel free to read up on that other thread where I had explained it. Because you're calling a JMP and the library failed to initialize, your client will stop responding. If 2 seconds isn't long enough, you can try anywhere between 3~4 and go from there.

Reaction score
This works for me on windows 8.1. and it always worked with "start as admin", with the standard localhost it never worked for me.

EDIT: I successfully went ingame with this localhost on windows 8.1 using my own server source. Now I had around 10 start tests, it always starts without issues. the normal localhost never started for me successfully.

Last edited:
Back