Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ WZ Dumper

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have released this on KryptoDev but since it's down I will release my latest version here. I think this is still one of the best WZ extractors out there.

When extracting images and sound files, there are now three options to choose from for handling links.

1. Symbolic - This is the recommended method, but requires the program to be ran as admin
  2. Hard - Default method without running as admin. Uses Copy mode for files that have reached the link limit
  3. Copy - Previous behavior, makes another copy of the file
Note that symbolic and hard links cannot be created when the output directory is on a remote drive. The link type will change to Copy automatically.

WZ Dumper 1.9.6 - WZ Dumper - RaGEZONE Forums

You must have the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 installed before using this program. If you don't have it, you can download it from .

Most recent changes:

Changes in 1.9.6: (9/8/23)

• Fixed extraction for GMS v243+

Changes in 1.9.5.1: (3/20/23)

• Font files were mistakenly returned in a WAV format
  • Removed WAV header info when extracting non-WAV binary files (MP3s)
Changes in 1.9.5: (3/19/23)

• Added support for new WZ layout.
    Extended files (e.g Sound_000.wz, Sound_001.wz, etc.) will be searched for by default when the base file
    (in the example's case, Sound.wz) is selected. If you select an extended file, it will not look for others.
  • Sound files in the WAV format will now be extracted properly and named appropriately (correct extension)
  • Required .NET Framework has been updated from 4.0 to 4.7.2 (should already be installed on modern OSes)

Feel free to leave your comments and feedback.

Source:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have released this on KryptoDev but since it's down I will release my latest version here. I think this is still one of the best WZ extractors out there.

You will need at least the .NET 2.0 Framework to run this. If you don't have it, you can download it from .

Feel free to leave your comments and feedback.

1st post!
nice thanks, still need to think of what to use this for lol xD

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well since theres no way to get it otherwise I downloaded a copy before a mod goes and deletes this

bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well since theres no way to get it otherwise I downloaded a copy before a mod goes and deletes this

I don't see why they would delete this. There's nothing against the rules happening. Extracting XML from the WZ files isn't illegal either, if it's for personal use.

Yum

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I thought talking about wz stuff wasn't aloud. .___." (confused)

return null;
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There's not wrong talking about wz, wz editting is not allowed

bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I thought talking about wz stuff wasn't aloud. .___." (confused)

This is not talking about Wz files. This is talking about XML extraction. You get XML files from extracting them out of the WZ files. You are not altering/editing/adding to or taking away from the data in any form because the data remains intact. It merely takes what is there, and makes a copy of it in XML form.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Like always, thanks for the amazing work :)

<3
Reaction score
I'm not sure if people still use this program anymore, but I randomly decided to update it for whoever still does. It allows you to extract recent versions of the GMS WZ files.

OHSHIT. You are back. Could you share the source code as well? :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Comment removed.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
just tried your program, compared to HaRepacker and HaRepacker Resurrected.

your program extracted all the files properly.
while in HaRepacker (both) it seems to be a bug that will not always extract the correct image,
example (mob.wz):
4230116 , attack1, 0-2 shows stand0-2 instead.
(this is just 1 mob, theres plenty more with this issue)

so, until HaRepacker Resurrected fixes this bug, I recommend to use this tool!
much appreciated!

Back