Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] How to make a MapleStory Redirector.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I only have one thing to say. All you guys talking about Extalia's client have no idea what is really does. Some info is correct, but there is way more.

Oh and nice tutorial. Though most people are fucked when Nexon changes one thing.

<3
Reaction score
hahahahahaha

this is why people don't make vids
also noobs who can't follow this don't deserve to have a redirector, go back to v83

edit:
did you even read the requirements
it says you need oxygen to help your brain function. try jumping out your window to experience the full effect of oxygen

You should've done the same when someone else told you to do so^
Just because he is incapable of learning at this point in time doesn't give you the right to insult him.

@Fraysa: Great work, buddy. However, a bit too newbie-friendly. I skimmed through the instructions and I was thinking "Wow. This looks too easy." I mean, you've broken down every step for us such as telling us where to create a constructor, what a constructor is, and what methods to override. I was more or less expecting just a brief explanation of what a redirector does, what needs to be handled, etc. In a way, what you've done was make everything very understandable (which is good), but at the same time, it is a bad thing since people will get too reliant on this tutorial.

PS: I also think you should remove the iMapleClient "demo project".

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This was really interesting, thanks!

Only thing I would say, is that it would be nice to have a bit more of the theory behind the client to server connection sort of thing.

Like maybe some definitions, like define client, server, packet and you've already pretty much defined re-director. Then maybe go into a bit more about how the client connects and interacts with the server, just the theory of how this all works.

I don't know how this all works, and learning about it specifically in a maplestory context would be awesome! I've always thought the big picture is always worth keeping in mind.

I do realize some of those topics may be a little out of the scope of this thread, but just a thought!

Cheers! :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Kinda lame how Server Client session's are not merged. Make a redirector class with both objects inside and make it singleton. Also not a fan of how you close the listener, you can just deny clients wanting to connect if a session is alrdy active. Otherwise gj

Reaction score
Kinda lame how Server Client session's are not merged. Make a redirector class with both objects inside and make it singleton. Also not a fan of how you close the listener, you can just deny clients wanting to connect if a session is alrdy active. Otherwise gj

Hehe been waiting for your comment Rajan. Thanks.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Fraysa or Anyone Else,

Thanks for this tutorial. I’ve been looking for something like this for a while now. I’m a complete noob to all this and want to learn how to utilize tools like C++, C#, packet editing, etc to find workarounds.
My understanding of C is almost nothing, but I do have some background in Java. In my limited understanding of what I’ve read, this program is a redirector that uses sockets & ports to establish a connection to the Maplestory login server.

The form1 calls Client.Listen() which I assume creates the instance of the server and listens for the port 8484 to be connected to in which the socket will be recorded once the connection is made. Is this wrong?

I’m still pretty shortsighted on how to use this redirector though. I can see how establishing a connection to the MS server using a program is useful though. Can you just call your own functions within the redirector to send to the server? Essentially, what can be done with this redirector?

Also, can anyone a quick reply on where to start in terms of wanting to edit certain functions within MS......(Is this still not allowed?)

Thanks for helping a newbie out. Hope this forum isn’t dead.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Fraysa or Anyone Else,

Thanks for this tutorial. I’ve been looking for something like this for a while now. I’m a complete noob to hacking and want to learn how to utilize tools like C++, C#, packet editing, etc to find workarounds.
My understanding of C is almost nothing, but I do have some background in Java. In my limited understanding of what I’ve read, this program is a redirector that uses sockets & ports to establish a connection to the Maplestory login server.

The form1 calls Client.Listen() which I assume creates the instance of the server and listens for the port 8484 to be connected to in which the socket will be recorded once the connection is made. Is this wrong?

I’m still pretty shortsighted on how to use this redirector though. I can see how establishing a connection to the MS server using a program is useful though. Can you just call your own functions within the redirector to send to the server?

Also, can anyone give like a 3-4 sentence rundown on the most common ways to hack an MMORPG? The things I’ve read so far contain packet-editing (hard cause of encryption and server checks), assembly/client editing (patched many times?), and creating dlls to inject (not for newbz).

Thanks for helping a newbie out. Hope this forum isn’t dead.

Discussion of hacks are not allowed on this forum.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Just wondering where I can get Diamondo's MWLR log files. A link would be appreciated. Including it in the tutorial could allow easier access for future tutorial followers.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Just wondering where I can get Diamondo's MWLR log files. A link would be appreciated. Including it in the tutorial could allow easier access for future tutorial followers.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would suggest to use the MapleLib for nothing at all, as its just plain horible
I didnt check diamond his version OP is using but it will most likely be much better

Anyways thank you for this thread, It raises my hope in seeing the ugly "InterceptedLinkedClient" dissapear, which I coded somewhere around 2010.
I feel ashamed everytime I see people leeching it

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've followed the tutorials, with the help of it, i build the file, so what am i suppose to do now?? I basically just put the .exe file in the maplestory folder but it doesn't work at all. So sorry for newb post

Back