Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

how to change (or edit) localhost to typing korean?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
캡처.JPG - how to change (or edit) localhost to typing korean? - RaGEZONE Forums
look at this.

this is 0.62GMS localhost that can typing korean

and already released GMS 111 localhost that can typing korean in KOREA FORUM.

how to do this in GMS83 localhost?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Mind uploading the localhosts that CAN type in korean that were released on the korea forums? It would be good reference.

To answer your question, you need to modify a few addresses in your Localhost and I think StringPools as well. But it's been a while.

Upvote 0
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't you type in Korean (but not completely, as in I believe if you sent the msg it won't send anything) if you change your Region to Korean Unicode? I know at least it will make "????'s" appear as actual Korean Characters, even on v0.62.

Not completely sure on this one, but like Eric says it would be nice if you can upload the client

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Can't you type in Korean (but not completely, as in I believe if you sent the msg it won't send anything) if you change your Region to Korean Unicode? I know at least it will make "????'s" appear as actual Korean Characters, even on v0.62.

Not completely sure on this one, but like Eric says it would be nice if you can upload the client

Yes, the client can display the korean characters if you modify the locale of your computer to Korean and the source's character encoding from ASCII to ISO whatever for the Korean characters. That'd also mean that the machine hosting the game server would have to be Korean as well iirc. However, that just means the game can send korean packets and display them. The font's and extra functions in the client will make ???? when you type regardless of locale, you have to edit the client to fix it. I forgot though, I had it on v83 a while back when I did multiple languages so it's possible.

Upvote 0
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm yep, definitely a lot of addresses changed. I'll take a look at them in IDA and see what's changed when I get out of class.

Very interested myself, especially if its possible to make it like the Maple Europe clients, special character wise.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'll note all client changes relating to the text in the client for anyone who needs it.
As for v83, I'm testing it on my v90 first and then I'll fix it on v83 and upload.

So pretty much these were notes to myself on what happened. In v111 these are the AoBs and the subs relating to them.

Code:
First: Update 'EnableIME' option bEnable to true in the two editors:

6A 00 E8 FE 2D 6E 00
CCtrlEdit::OnSetFocus

6A [00] E8 28 90 6D 00 -> [01]
CCtrlMLEdit::OnSetFocus

Second: Heavily modify the entire string processing portion.

55 8B EC 6A FF 68 10 73
is_valid_character_name

Third: NOP and modify the OnKey handling and the User Chat.

B3 20 0F B6 06 50 FF
CUIStatusBar::OnKey

3E 00 74 44 8B 3D D8 50
CUser::OnChat

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
this works need hexEditor?

i had opend localhost using HxD but i can't find it.

I want to just chatting korean.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My v62 v83 localhost can type Chinese , I edited it on ollydbg, but the address I am forget

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
no i did not release it
I think he meant did you used a localhost realeased in Ragezone to edit?

I was tried to hook on process string function to make it load a custom font instead default one at startup and a small mem edit in CUser::OnChat & CUIStatusBar::OnKey (non localhost client. It much easier with a localhost). Work great with 1 byte fonts.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think he meant did you used a localhost realeased in Ragezone to edit?

I was tried to hook on process string function to make it load a custom font instead default one at startup and a small mem edit in CUser::OnChat & CUIStatusBar::OnKey (non localhost client. It much easier with a localhost). Work great with 1 byte fonts.

Nice work, can you tell me how to do this?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

PHP:
6A 00 E8 FE 2D 6E 00

55 8B EC 6A FF 68 10 73
is_valid_character_name

B3 20 0F B6 06 50 FF

3E 00 74 44 8B 3D D8 50

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'll note all client changes relating to the text in the client for anyone who needs it.
As for v83, I'm testing it on my v90 first and then I'll fix it on v83 and upload.

So pretty much these were notes to myself on what happened. In v111 these are the AoBs and the subs relating to them.

Code:

6A 00 E8 FE 2D 6E 00

55 8B EC 6A FF 68 10 73
is_valid_character_name

B3 20 0F B6 06 50 FF

3E 00 74 44 8B 3D D8 50
I really wanna know how to find these address

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I really wanna know how to find these address

Learn how to use IDA and OllyDBG I guess. I've already given the names of the functions and AoB's of them for v111, all you have to do is modify those functions and you'll have korean supported. I've stated before many times that this is just for people to figure out for themselves as it's nothing truly that challenging since you already got everything you need.

Upvote 0
Back