Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Another client edit attempt

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I want to edit the client a bit again.
When you reach level 10 (and i asume some other levels) you get this random msg:
0lhsMuQ - Another client edit attempt - RaGEZONE Forums

I want to disable this.
Now since my previous attempt in client editing I've already tried some stuff (thanks to Pipotron)

The UI that pops up is located in ui.wz (UI/UIWindow.img/SkillUp/backgrd & UI/UIWindow.img/SkillUp/btOK)

So in stredit I searched for those:
wZcqcP0 - Another client edit attempt - RaGEZONE Forums

Now I moved to IDA, this is where my knowledge ends as this seems to be different than the previous edit. I can't see a conditional statement anywhere nearby.

0cTLwPh - Another client edit attempt - RaGEZONE Forums

The other ID is surrounded by roughly the same (no condition nearby)

Any hint in the right direction is appreciated!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The difference, here, is that the string you're looking for doesn't refer to a message that's printed on the regular Notice popup window; you're looking for a custom popup itself.

It's possible that the whole function is dedicated to drawing that very popup; this means that you won't have any conditionals in there, because you're at a point where you've already passed your condition (having reached a certain level).

You might wanna look into the call to that function (in IDA, click on the function name, and press X to display the calls. I'm guessing you'll find only one, given how specific of a case we're in - as in, there's only one situation where this window is drawn). Once you're there, check if there's any conditionals right above said call, and try some breakpoints with Olly. If the condition is about your character level, then you found the place. c:

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what version you're doing, but I've released this already in regards to my v90 addresses: http://forum.ragezone.com/f923/v90-addresses-1146826-post8866181/#post8866181

Code:
// SkillEffectChange Bypass
00B8234A -> JMP (db EB)

The function that handles this iirc was CWvsContext::OnStatChanged. The check involved should be above the other annoying client popup about using your AP.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ah yes, sorry guys.
I found the thread shortly after I posted this. Still thanks pipotron, I would one day like to do stuff like this without asking too much of others. So your answer wasn't a waste!

Upvote 0
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh yeah lol I completely forgot about that thread. Guess I already explained how to remove it before :p

This is why personally one day everything should be archived somewhere. There's so many things that get released that just get buried again. I am already archiving so much though. F3

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh ops, my bad, I didn't search whether it was already out or not.

Ah yes, sorry guys.
I found the thread shortly after I posted this. Still thanks pipotron, I would one day like to do stuff like this without asking too much of others. So your answer wasn't a waste!

I'm glad it was useful c: if you'll have any other doubts, we're always here, so don't worry about asking ~

Upvote 0
Back