Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Client Location

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys.
Sorry,my English ...
I understand from maple servers, but the part of the client I'm crap. Lol
I have a problem that I would like to solve, or know if someone can do it.
I tried to contact several people on ragezone, and they told me that in order to get the client to accept special characters from other areas, I would have to re-create the client of 0.
But I saw a client from a server:
Which when searching, I saw that it was a localhost v 83 and it accepts special characters, and it was used from a localhost v 83 of kevin, it was not created from 0.
The question is how was it made to accept the special characters? Does anyone know how to do this?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It doesn't require to make a client from 0, just need to JMP a few calls. Anyone who knows their way around the client would know, and I had even explained the names of the functions in which require editing. By default the client is a korean locale, you'll need to modify the application to another locale in order to support that encoding. In addition, you'll need to support that encoding on the server-end as well.

zDkahCj - Client Location - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry, I saw it here now.But then I use the IDA and I change the check of some bytes right?Do you know where I would do this? The locations on the client where I have to change? And where do I enable enable Microsoft IME on the client?

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
wait... i'm new on this, and still not understand this part.
By default the client is a korean locale, you'll need to modify the application to another locale in order to support that encoding.
like you said: "by default the client is korean locale"...so...if i want to display korean characters, do i need to modify the application's locale?

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
wait... i'm new on this, and still not understand this part.

like you said: "by default the client is korean locale"...so...if i want to display korean characters, do i need to modify the application's locale?

While the application itself may run on a Korean locale, if you're executing a GMS client, Nexon America has placed checks that prevents people from ever using the IME in addition to ever being able to type a foreign character. If you were to even try, it replaces them with a space (ASCII character 32) which will in turn not do anything at all because an empty message won't send. In order to use any foreign language in a GMS client you must modify it first internally. Afterwards, you can use a program like Resource Hacker or CFF Explorer that can modify the client's language to something else (e.g Japanese).

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Upvote 0
Back