Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

(v0.62) Monsterbooks

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I would request help in regards of client cracking. It is known for long time that Nexon put unreleased data in client versions before official release. Example, v0.56 has pirates while it got released in v0.62 officially.

Something what I am 90% sure of as well is that v0.62 also has Monsterbooks already fully working, while it got released in v0.67. Monsterbooks is one of my most favorite features from post v0.62 and I would like to find a way to implement it in our server.

Here's some facts about Monsterbook and its data in v0.62:

-The .wz data for all Monsterbook data (mob data, the book itself, etc) exists since v0.56 in Korean, similar as Pirates.

-The client strings for Monsterbooks exist since v0.56 as well and are in English, including the Monsterbook buff items, which are also in English, including all cards, which are also in English.
-Since v0.56 there's an "unused" keyconfig button in the keyconfigs called "MonsterBook", which does nothing because its either disabled or not working yet (Default letter/key B)

-Packet data for Monsterbook exist in v0.62, no proof for older versions (ex: 0.56), but most likely.
-All cards themselves exist, as well as the description of the buff they give.

While we are able to get the said packets to work (Picture for example: ) we have trouble with one thing: the client part that opens the book, which we assume has been disabled rather than not existing at all.

Seeing every server uses the default Maple clients (besides whatever protection removed), I am unsure how experience people are in client cracking. However, my guess would be that the Monsterbook feature has been client-disabled with a switch or something, because this is Nexon after all.

Do anyone have any idea maybe or may want see if there's a way to "unlock" it? I am very sure opening the book is 100% client sided and there's no packet for it (we checked before!).

Full 0.62 in zip:

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
Even though I didn't reply here for awhile we recently got Monster Book fully working in v0.62.

Instead of just leaving the topic be and disappear I still want thank everyone that helped me the past year. Eric and the most Chikn who resolved a client crash within the function, and managed to make the 'Monster Book' hotkey working Nexon-like. Without that fix Monster Book was pretty much un-usable, since it was just way too unstable. Now it never crashes anymore :)

I still never got the working client-side ( ), but instead we just offer a ranking, which is more accurate anyway, since the in-game UI only counted unique cards, while our ranking counts all cards (up until 5 of course). Still would look finished if its completed though, but some of our staff is busy :p

Very happy that Nexon already had it in client starting v56 and very happy for finally having it available too. Its one of my favourite features :)

J6oBpTL - (v0.62) Monsterbooks - RaGEZONE Forums

E2FUbx - (v0.62) Monsterbooks - RaGEZONE Forums

2hBWlZc - (v0.62) Monsterbooks - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Staff member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what's the issue with that feature?

Like the other features related to Monster Book it was disabled by Nexon (because unreleased), thus the button is in the client data and everything, but invisible in-game (and non-functional). Chikn Got as far as making the button appear, but the button still act exactly like the mound button. He said it would be possible to get it working (most likely),but he lost a lot of his v0.62 setup files/ida. Our staff that does the client hacking is busy as well, so its on-hold for now.

What you see is a screenshot from v0.62, and a screenshot where it got released (v0.67).

Upvote 0
Back