Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v176] How to increase damage cap?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How do I increase the damage cap?
The current cap is 50m and I can't seem to find any way to increase it editing the source.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think it's Client Sided Alot of people here don"t like to help bro... GL on the v176

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
pretty simple: use an AoB to find the damage constant and then alter it in memory. to change it without crashing from memory edit detection, you'll need to bypass CRC in the client. use the LEN source released and hook crc otherwise just use aobs and jump over it.

oh and actually iirc back in the day with redirectors you could use a buffstat to bypass the damage cap, you could always do that from the server-end without editing the client (although that way is a meme having to spam buffstat packets lmao)

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm just researching, I hope it isn't a bother to bump and ask what an AoB is? Area of Boundary?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
could always just to this
Code:
chr.getSkillEffect(100).applyBuffEffect(chr, chr, false, Integer.MAX_VALUE);

case 100: //remove damage cap                               
 ret.statups.clear();                                
 ret.info.put(MapleStatInfo.time, Integer.MAX_VALUE); 
 ret.statups.put(MapleBuffStat.INDIE_MAX_DAMAGE, 2100000000);
break;

INDIE_MAX_DAMAGE(29, true),

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm just researching, I hope it isn't a bother to bump and ask what an AoB is? Area of Boundary?

An AoB is defined as a "Array of Bytes" such as "01 02 03 04 05", except that it allows "magic" bytes (aka wildcards "??"). For example, if you were looking for a function that contained "01 02 03 00 05", but also "01 02 03 69 05", then you would use the AoB "01 02 03 ?? 05" to find it. Once you make an AoB that works for one version, you compare it against a handful of others to make it as universal as you can. Then, this AoB helps you find a function or location in the client on any version where the AoB matches.

Also xMashiro I sure hope in 2019 with all of the available client editing resources that people don't do that anymore.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
An AoB is defined as a "Array of Bytes" such as "01 02 03 04 05", except that it allows "magic" bytes (aka wildcards "??"). For example, if you were looking for a function that contained "01 02 03 00 05", but also "01 02 03 69 05", then you would use the AoB "01 02 03 ?? 05" to find it. Once you make an AoB that works for one version, you compare it against a handful of others to make it as universal as you can. Then, this AoB helps you find a function or location in the client on any version where the AoB matches.

Also @xMashiro I sure hope in 2019 with all of the available client editing resources that people don't do that anymore.

I understand now, thank you!

Upvote 0
Reaction score
pretty simple: use an AoB to find the damage constant and then alter it in memory. to change it without crashing from memory edit detection, you'll need to bypass CRC in the client. use the LEN source released and hook crc otherwise just use aobs and jump over it.

oh and actually iirc back in the day with redirectors you could use a buffstat to bypass the damage cap, you could always do that from the server-end without editing the client (although that way is a meme having to spam buffstat packets lmao)

LEN source released? Do you mind sharing where this is

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
LEN source released? Do you mind sharing where this is

http://forum.ragezone.com/f921/src-universal-localhost-enabler-1137639/

This is only the barebones though. It will hook WinSock so that it redirects to your IP (send Nexon's IP on server to avoid IP checks obviously), and it also hooks NMCO for proper username/passwords. Plus, you can change the title of the window. The only thing the LEN's have that this doesn't is a HS and CRC bypass, which you can easily add yourself (especially from outside sources).

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you wanna avoid editing the client, you can send a IndieMaxDamageOverR (iirc) temp stat to the player with a high value. If you're using swordie, this is in a command already: !toggledamagecap

Upvote 0
Back