Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ogar: Open Source Agar.io Server with Multi-cell Player Movement

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ogar is an open source Agar.io server implementation, written with node.js. Most of the game features are working at a basic level, enough to be playable.

Key features:
  • Multi-cell player movement
  • Splitting
  • Virus mechanics
  • Ejecting mass
  • Leader board
  • Team Mode
  • Extra gamemodes
  • Player bots

Instructions for Windows users:
Download the files from github and run the server with the batch file called "Launch". You do not need to install node.js.

For non-Windows users:
You will first need to download and install node.js and the ws module for it. The ws module can be installed by opening up your system command line (cmd for windows, terminal for mac) and typing "npm install ws". Once that is done, by using "node src/index.js". Linux users can also use the install script in the downloads directory which also auto installs node.js and ws for you.

To connect once you have the server running, go to the agar.io website, then once the game is loaded, in your address bar, replace 'agar.io' with 'javascript:connect("ws://127.0.0.1:443","")' and press enter.

Github link:

Screenshots:

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This does work, only it doesn't have a website to use with it.

to connect to your own server you should use the normal agar.io website, select a region, press F12(in firefox), click on Console and type Connect ("ws://127.0.0.1:433")

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, the master server is not fully implemented yet. Please use the game server and connect to that directly with the client.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Looks smooth. :) Just copy the client from agar.io its pretty much the same thing, just that ip is written here: @

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
it needs Python installed and at least vs2008
and I had to run "npm install ws" in a Visual Studio Command Prompt with admin rights
Visual studio is not needed for nodeJs.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I had created a topic with complete tutorial for this realease but erased moderators, below download my complete pack of ogar
Download:

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
NPM is the node package manager. And no. You don't need visual studio. you need the .
No. You just install NodeJS and make sure while installing you set path. Then open CMD and type npm install ws.

helloimpie - Ogar: Open Source Agar.io Server with Multi-cell Player Movement - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Keep getting this error:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Launching either Start - FFA.bat or Start - Teams.bat results in this: http://i.imgur.com/fU8sG6y.png

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Installed node.js and did the process required to install the "ws" module but I don't know if it worked:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Installed node.js and did the process required to install the "ws" module but I don't know if it worked:

You have to install ws in the same directory as ogar, so in cmd prompt type:
1. cd [directory of the ogar folder]
2. npm install ws

Seeing errors like the one in your pic is okay, you'll still be able to run the server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I greatly appreciate your help, but it seems there is another issue I have been presented with:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Restart your PC after nodejs installation.
NodeJS is modifing the PATH variable, and for that to take effect, you need to restart
Alright I did that, ended up getting this error when launching either of the Start.bat files

Back