Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Agar.io Server Setup Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Figured I'd do a short tutorial for those having issues creating a Agar.io server. Idk how stable the server is I have only had a few people on my server so you guys will have to test that out. I did not make any of the files down below, I just put them together for this tutorial, hope this helps.

Demo: ws://play.plantdown.com:443 FFA
ws://play.plantdown.com:444 Teams

Files you need
Ogar (Another Agar.io Emulator) - https://forum.ragezone.com/f857/release-ogar-server-emulator-agar-1065001/

Agar.io Chrome Extension Server Browser (Will allow you to connect to your server without the need of web hosting anything) -

• Extract the files from ogar.zip into any folder you would like.
  • Open cmd prompt and type "npm install ws" (let this do it's thing, you may see some errors but it's okay.
  • Open ports 80,443
  • Open GameServer.js it should be in the folder you extracted ogar.zip files to (use notepad +). Press Ctrl G and go to line 31, here you can edit your configuration. Once your done, save it and run "Start FFA" and "Start Teams" (you don't have to run both servers)
  • Now that your server is online and you have the Agar.IO chrome extension installed just navigate to and you will see a spot to type in your server IP.
  • Type in your server IP like this ws://IPHERE:pORT ( if you don't do it in that format it will still connect you to your server but you wont be able to play or see anything at least this is what happened to me).

Changing the port
    Change the Server port in Index.js line 47
Images
Chrome Extension

Agar.io w/ extension

Other useful links
Skins and Images -
How to play with WASD -

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Regarding the instructions, can you teach me how I can make my server public globally rather than just local. Thank you very much and awesome guide

Last edited by a moderator:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This is global, all you need to do is forward your ports and people should be able to connect to your server. If you don't know how to port forward just look it up on google it's different depending on the type of router you have. Unless your on a VPS then it's the same.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Wait um for vps, what os should it be. Can you possibly make a video for me sorry. I know i am asking for a lot but I would be glad if you can help.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I did this on a Windows 2008 VPS, as for mac or linux im not sure.

This tutorial will work for windows only. I created a server on a windows 2008 vps.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I did this on a Windows 2008 VPS, as for mac or linux im not sure.

This tutorial will work for windows only. I created a server on a windows 2008 vps.

Is it possible with a dedicated server? also, i cant connect to your demo links and video guide or no. thanks so much sorry for the trouble.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Idk if I can find some time then I will try to make a video. Also for the demo servers make sure its ws://play.plantdown.com:443 and not ws://play.plantdown.com:443 FFA. Sometimes when you connect it takes a minute to connect but they do work.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
In login users online is bug, does not show how many connections.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
how to set it up to be public? with windows server 2008 r2?

You need to port forward your router if you want it to be public. Ogar uses ports 443 by default, but you can change that in index.js.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Link Dead sir. can reupload please ?

Some people sent me tutorial about Ogar with real customer then will the tutorial below.

Hello guys,

Ogar.io is a game clone Agar.io, famous worldwide for link:

Based many searches performed a complete and functional pack

Ogar is an elaborate server node.js

The client was based on the source ofExtremsX with some modifications carried out by min.

Database based on source ofExtremsX, however created only for the client seek the ip and server port.

Client, you can add various skins on customer skins folder by adding a name to it.

Tutorial:

After downloaded the packet Agar.io.rar file, extract it to any folder.

Copy the client folder to the www / root of your webserver.

Edit the settings of your webserver in the config.php file

Example:

If I access the browser to localhost, change all ip to localhost.

Recover the database folder database to your Mysql with phpmyadmin / Navicat

After installing Node.js that will be the link below, copy the folder to where Ogar Node.js was installed.

Example: C: \ Program Files \ nodejs \

After copying run the file that is inside the folder Ogar.

install ws.bat

Ok websocket module installed and configured to node.js

You will be able to perform only 1 per server ip / port

Run the file Start - FFA.bat to play and eliminate players, or run the Start file - Teams.bat to play team in the game.

Having done this you can access: http: // localhost

Print:

iNerdy1999 - Agar.io Server Setup Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

Download my pack complete:

You need install only Node.js latest version and webserver(ex: xampp/ wamp )

Have a nice day

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello @ All,
would anyone know how to install agaro clone to a linux (centos) webserver? I would pay for the service.
I would like to make a local (for my country) website clone of agar.io but don't know where to start.

Thanks and kind regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back