Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to fix localhost for Agar.IO server creation?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
First off i had no idea where to put this thread so if it's in the wrong place , sorry. Getting straight to the point , I'm trying to create a Agar.IO server. I managed to follow this tutorial:

but it doesn't seem to work. I've followed another tutorial as well but it too doesn't work.It also
doesn't really help that the tutorials have some age on them as well and from what i know,the
ports tend to change sometimes. I would never know. None the less ...
All the steps are followed and everything seems to be going well until i have to use the local
host IP. I downloaded WAMP to see if this would fix my localhost . It did not. I don't know what's
wrong with it or even how to fix it. If i can't get the localhost to work , I'll never see my server
run.

Reaction score
You're not the only one. I tested it myself and it looks like the official agar.io client is no longer compatible with the server. You could try finding a different server, or just use a different agar.io client, i.e.

There's an Issue in the server's GitHub repo about this:
It contains links to various unofficial agar.io clients. They may not be completely safe (be careful of random websites etc etc), so visit them at your own risk. At least one of them appeared to work for me with the server, but again, it's your risk. Make sure to append /?ip=127.0.0.1:443 to the URL.

You could also try finding a client on GitHub or elsewhere to host yourself.

Best of luck.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You're not the only one. I tested it myself and it looks like the official agar.io client is no longer compatible with the server. You could try finding a different server, or just use a different agar.io client, i.e.

There's an Issue in the server's GitHub repo about this:
It contains links to various unofficial agar.io clients. They may not be completely safe (be careful of random websites etc etc), so visit them at your own risk. At least one of them appeared to work for me with the server, but again, it's your risk. Make sure to append /?ip=127.0.0.1:443 to the URL.

You could also try finding a client on GitHub or elsewhere to host yourself.

Best of luck.

Ohh boi no tnx , But ty for actually testing out this to ensure it's not just me. I've moved on to DDTank as i wanna see if i can
actually get a server up and running.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i have same do you have port 80 ?

I fixed it. Just don't use port 80. Just use the port it gives ya. It'll launch locally unless you change it to your static IP.
Last i heard , things don't work anyways.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
my router is TPLINK if you know it i get bored by trying to make it do forwarding port 80 can i use any other ports

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
my router is TPLINK if you know it i get bored by trying to make it do forwarding port 80 can i use any other ports
You can. Infact i strongly advise that you do. Port 80 is pretty tough and it's not worth the trouble.

Upvote 0
Back