Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Creating a Game Server - Where to Begin

Reaction score
Hello, i played the game a few times. My GF love this game. I want to create my own Server but
i dont know wehre to start. Thinks like

-What OS is needed?
-Can i run this on just a web server?
-What kind of system is needed?. (RAM, CUP and HDD Space)
-How much time will it take to create an server?
-What kind of Skills are needed?

Sorry for my bad english

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
-What OS is needed?
For Server you will need nodeJS (preferably v0.10.25 ~ v0.10.41 as that has the lowest memory usage) this can be on windows, linux or even rasbery pi :p
-Can i run this on just a web server?
If you want a private client, you will need PHP, JS and and websererv a like Apache and thus the needed skils. However it is not needed, as you can play on your server using http: // agar.io/?ip=<your ip>:<your port>
-What kind of system is needed?. (RAM, CUP and HDD Space)
2~4GB Ram, Advicable is a 4 core CPU and well the HD OS plus a needed shocking... wel.. 2MB for server
-How much time will it take to create an server?
Server can be set up in like... well under 60 seconds if you know how.
you start by installing node on your OS, then you get a git client or download the source from git (My server for example: ), unpack and go in folder
then when you are in the src folder, you do `npm install ws http fs sys mysql url underscore` and then that be done, you run `node index.js` and poof the server is up. It be advicable you edit the config file before you run it.
-What kind of Skills are needed?
Skills needed, like hosting any game server, HTML(5), PHP, Javascript, Node and common sense :)

And that be basically it,. you have now a running server.

Upvote 0
Back