Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] A C9 CMS... called C9CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put Community First
Reaction score
ah okay, i have been doing php, mysql using WAMP...and also hate frameworks. if you need help let me know...if you have the private repo on bitbucket you can invite me (if you want). I do both front and back end stuff so.

The main thing I'd like assistance with is securing the PHP and MySQL statements, transfer of data, etc. How confident are you in those areas? :) I'd planned a security sweep at the end but if we hit nails on the head while we develop that would be great, too.

Reaction score
Really love the theme it will be great to convert that into a CMS. I would suggest you add all updates and screenshots to the original post it just makes it easier when it's all there upon clicking the thread. Adding what you need help with onto your immaculate list might also be a good way to gather some skilled individuals.

Put Community First
Reaction score
Really love the theme it will be great to convert that into a CMS. I would suggest you add all updates and screenshots to the original post it just makes it easier when it's all there upon clicking the thread. Adding what you need help with onto your immaculate list might also be a good way to gather some skilled individuals.

Good idea. As certain functions are finalised I'll make short videos and load them into Spoiler tags for organisation purposes. Currently they're just in-progress screenshots so they're fine in posts as they're basically a development update log post.

Put Community First
Reaction score
CMS development is still on-going. I've had less time on my hands lately due to work starting up again for the year.

I'm also learning C# and hoping to make some tools, but only time will tell.

Reaction score
Nice work, since you are learning C# you could cull some things you have planned for the CMS that aren't that relevant and just make a tool for it that way you are utilising/learning both languages whilst developing something you are interested in. Learning a language is boring as f*** when reading and making beginner programs but doing something you're interested in will help you remember and apply it for next time.

Put Community First
Reaction score
@Bergthor Agreed, I'm a web development teacher so I understand that approach, I encourage my students to make side projects and to experiment and repeat. Only way it'll stick for 95% of us.

More on-topic, I'm taking a break from this project for a while since the C9 section is dying without source and this is somewhat like beating it's massive behind with a stick. This section needs some source code, at the moment there's no room to develop as everything is somewhat locked in.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Is this still in developement?
I got a Server up and running and need a good Website in the near future.

Put Community First
Reaction score
No, development was stopped, as there was no real possibility of the C9 section fully taking off and making a community-based CMS worthwhile. The database code for the game is also a mess and annoying to develop an inventory system for. We were having to pull out item name strings from game files and there are thousands of them, plus icons were used/reused per item so we needed to determine which of those thousands of items used which icons.

Too much time to spend on such a rudimentary system.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
No, development was stopped, as there was no real possibility of the C9 section fully taking off and making a community-based CMS worthwhile. The database code for the game is also a mess and annoying to develop an inventory system for. We were having to pull out item name strings from game files and there are thousands of them, plus icons were used/reused per item so we needed to determine which of those thousands of items used which icons.

Too much time to spend on such a rudimentary system.

I understand. Its hard work. Thank you anyway.

Put Community First
Reaction score
@kalle801 No worries, normally game CMSs aren't as annoying as this one, but all the 20000+ strings to parse for item numbers they're associated with icon-wise was insane. I had it connecting, logging in with game accounts and displaying at least the items I had in my inventory and some others, but that's as far as it got.

If you want the connectivity script etc, logging in etc, that I can provide. Just the inventory code I'd like to hold onto, it's messy and incomplete so I don't really want to show it lol.

Put Community First
Reaction score
Thread closed as I am no longer working on this and haven't for ages now. So this will remain closed. Any similar developments by new authors need to be started as a new thread.

Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back