Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] A C9 CMS... called C9CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put Community First
Reaction score
Hi all,

So, I released a theme a week or so ago which everyone seems to have liked. So this topic is for my current project. I'm making a fully-fledged website package to use it, so everyone has a free functioning website, :).

It's an ongoing project and it's still in early stages, but this is what is planned for the release (anything crossed out ([strike]like this[/strike]) has been coded). Some things are definitely going to be in the release, some things are only an option that I'll only do if I like how it works out.

Below is the feature roadmap to see what's planned and a key/legend so you know what is of most importance:

Key/legend:

[0] - A nice feature but might not be in release
[1] - A nice feature that might be in release if the functions work properly
[2] - A staple feature; definitely in release
[3] - An important staple feature; definitely in release

Feature roadmap:

• [3] edit character stats
  • [1] view character inventory - changed from [3] due to technical issues as the binary DB field seems to be encrypted and unreadable for data display
  • [3] view character warehouse
  • [2] additional web warehouse
  • [1] edit character appearance
  • [3] reset character
  • [2] warp character
  • [2] secondary log-in system using encryption since the server and client don't seem to use it
  • [1] web shop
  • [2] Basic server donation system for keeping server afloat, with progress bar
  • [2] bulk mail to all game characters
  • [1] items database (this will take a while; anyone willing to contribute data to speed it up?)
  • [2] events system to win in-game items
  • easy theme system using normal CSS and CSS3 (not modular) with documentation to make life easier
  • [2] total players online counter
  • [3] server status
  • Maybe more to come...?

Let me know if you have any good ideas that could be considered. This topic will be updated as the project is developed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got any other suggestions for useful features players would like in the website?
My suggestions:

A support page where player's can create a ticket for game issue etc. and Announcements/News System

maybe quite a good feature :thumbup1: also a Ranking system (Top 10 Players,Guilds etc.

What help do you need in?

• [1] items database (this will take a while; anyone willing to contribute data to speed it up?)

Last edited:
Put Community First
Reaction score
@WireShark I need help in making a catalog of items, their ID, description, what their stats are etc, :).

BUT the main thing I need help in is the binary data for inventory. C9World -> Game.TblPcInvenInfo -> cMainSlotRawData seems to have player inventory in it, but I can't convert it for the life of me. Spent hours on it and getting nowhere, without it being decrypted and readable we can't see player inventories in the CMS. Without that, no inventory in the CMS, :(. Changing the inventory to [1] in case.

If anyone knows an expert in MSSQL or SQL please show them the above table I listed in C9World and see what they can make of it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
@WireShark I need help in making a catalog of items, their ID, description, what their stats are etc, :).

BUT the main thing I need help in is the binary data for inventory. C9World -> Game.TblPcInvenInfo -> cMainSlotRawData seems to have player inventory in it, but I can't convert it for the life of me. Spent hours on it and getting nowhere, without it being decrypted and readable we can't see player inventories in the CMS. Without that, no inventory in the CMS, :(. Changing the inventory to [1] in case.

If anyone knows an expert in MSSQL or SQL please show them the above table I listed in C9World and see what they can make of it.
Well I may look at "binary data for inventory. C9World -> Game.TblPcInvenInfo -> cMainSlotRawData" and then update you what can I do with it. :8: I just started to dev this game.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
binary data for inventory
wrong)
all item (in inventory characters)
Game.TblItem
Code:
UPDATE Game.TblItem
	SET
		cPosition = @pToPosition,
		cOwnerNo = @pToOwnerNo,
		cOwnerTabNo = @pToOwnerTabNo,
		cGuildGrade = @pToGuildGrade,
		@pMovedStckCnt = cStckCnt
	WHERE cSerialNo = @pSerialNo
		AND cPosition = @pFromPosition
		AND cOwnerNo = @pFromOwnerNo

Put Community First
Reaction score
Yeah, there is individual item data in Game.TblItem, but I wasn't sure if its cPosition related to inventory position or not, so I left that for the moment. I'll do some experimenting with cPosition and see what it does, if it does indeed control inventory position this table might be all I need (edit: I think cOwnerTabNo might be position now...). Funny that I forgot this table when I used it for mailing items in the other thread, :p. Thanks for reminding me, ;).

EDIT: About the items help, so we have an items reference in the site as well, I could use some help getting item icons from the files, you know, the icons you see in the inventory and such, :).

Last edited:
Put Community First
Reaction score
Just a small update. Well, kinda big. Displaying the inventory now works, :). Just tidying up how it's displayed but I have now got output working correctly. It wasn't really a massively required feature because, really, why do we need to see our inventories when we're not in the game? But MU Online CMSs have it so why not?

Also this should allow me to also show the Warehouse storage and allow people to delete items from their storage when not in the game, which IS something useful.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. total player online
2. server status
3. cms + forum
4. social media likes /share

Put Community First
Reaction score
1. total player online
2. server status
3. cms + forum
4. social media likes /share

1. Adding to list now, how did I forget something so common! Thanks, :).
  2. Same as above; adding to list.
  3. This IS a CMS, and I won't provide forum code as there are many forum software out there to use and licences don't allow repackaging normally. BUT I will maybe, MAYBE make a forum theme to match. This CMS is already a tonne of work with 12000 items to rename in the web side. Would you be able to assist by any chance? You just need to play your game as normal but figure out which items are what item ID in your inventory and try to hunt down the current icon image name in the file I linked in an above post. The more I get help with this tedious part, the quicker the CMS will be completed.
  4. ​These require manual set-up and linking to a page, so I can't really include these. It'll be down to each admin to make their social media page and then implement the plug-in. What I can do though, is link to the plug-ins to use and make a guide on how to integrate them.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
with getting icons and getting the item ID
with this problem (many have not yet understood) ... I hope we will solve it
============================
friends? that my nickname? )))))
============================
understood... thanks)

Put Community First
Reaction score
Maybe you can add mobile and paypal donation system, if someone give donate to developer he can gain some WP or GP

Definitely an idea, but if I add that (I'm personally against pay-to-win so I don't like adding full payment systems if they'll be used for that) it'll be some simple PayPal functionality. I prefer to reward players with premium currency for completing tasks and as rewards over time to encourage a sense of server community, :).

But I definitely understand the need for donations to keep a server afloat, so I'll definitely look at working in some form of donation process with a progress bar. Thanks for your input!

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Definitely an idea, but if I add that (I'm personally against pay-to-win so I don't like adding full payment systems if they'll be used for that) it'll be some simple PayPal functionality. I prefer to reward players with premium currency for completing tasks and as rewards over time to encourage a sense of server community, :).

But I definitely understand the need for donations to keep a server afloat, so I'll definitely look at working in some form of donation process with a progress bar. Thanks for your input!

I agree then ^^ Thanks for reply

Put Community First
Reaction score
@xdmdx This is just straight PHP and MySQL, no frameworks (I don't like using them unless I absolutely have to) running through XAMPP. Before releasing I plan on running it through Acunetix and finalising some security things, but there's only so much I'm willing to do on my own.

Already put 30+ hours into developing this (including the inventory system and finding icons for items to rename...)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ah okay, i have been doing php, mysql using WAMP...and also hate frameworks. if you need help let me know...if you have the private repo on bitbucket you can invite me (if you want). I do both front and back end stuff so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back