Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Fixing Common Errors in Your Server Configuration

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
These are the errors myself and other members have come across and the possible ways to fix them.

Problem: Constant Logging in, please wait
Fix: Change the database configuration in /home/setup.ini and /home/GatewayServer/setup.ini. Note: Your server directory may be different.

Problem: Segmentation Fault
Fix: Re-hex the IP into the server binaries and ONLY use 6 of the 8 letters. Example: From 6BBF34EA you would only take 6BBF34.

More will come when we find them.
If you have anything to add please send me a PM and I'll add it as soon as I can.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello everyone :
note : those errors are not directly linked to the game they are for ppl who does not know anything about Linux or such operating system.
under Cent OS 7 some changes has been done , so if you init the PSQL like this :
Code:
service postgresql-9.3 initdb
http://forum.ragezone.com/f938/centos-setting-aura-kingdom-server-1076106/#post8484881
you will get an error like this :

Code:
The service command supports only basic LSB actions (start, stop, restart, try-restart, reload, force-reload, status). For other actions, please try to use systemctl.

to properly init it do this instead :

Code:
/usr/pgsql-9.3/bin/postgresql93-setup initdb

you might want to add psql to your start-up (so that you do not waste the time start it each time).
you might as well create symlink to the worldserver and zoneserver binary to win about 50 mb of space. (useful for ppl with low speed connection and while backing up).

while starting or stopping the game process you might have seen something like :
Code:
 -bash: killall: command not found
this will surly happen if you downloaded the mini version of Cent OS 7.
and normally it would be a pain , because you will have two process running on the same port. which would be quite troublesome. to fix this :
Code:
yum install psmisc

based on this :

the ifconfig is obsolete.thus it does not exist in the current version of Cent OS 7 and above.
it does not do much anyway and there are many ways to get your machin ip. so deal with it.

while starting the game (zoneserver) you will get :
Code:
the file "GMCmdOne" is missing
eh , just ignore it. i do not have much of a idea about it but it takes the file only one time and delete it. do not waste your time with it.

another thing you might get this :
Code:
could not change directory to "/root": Permission denied
if you are using root as a user.
and start
Code:
su postgres
use :
Code:
su - postgres

for more info read : man su
credit :
stackexchange :

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
These are the errors myself and other members have come across and the possible ways to fix them.

Problem: Constant Logging in, please wait
Fix:
Change the database configuration in /home/setup.ini and /home/GatewayServer/setup.ini. Note: Your server directory may be different.

Problem: Segmentation Fault
Fix: Re-hex the IP into the server binaries and ONLY use 6 of the 8 letters. Example: From 6BBF34EA you would only take 6BBF34.

More will come when we find them.
If you have anything to add please send me a PM and I'll add it as soon as I can.
bro can can you help me with my error segmentation fault:
Code:
Jan 28 21:37:25 localhost kernel: ZoneServer[2227]: segfault at 0 ip           (null) sp 00007fffae21a9f8 error 14 in ZoneServer[400000+1064000]
im not so sure how to hex it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i` have problem, solve?
02 - Fixing Common Errors in Your Server Configuration - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back