Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server emulator development?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Although we have some old official server files, but it's really convenient to use them with latest client files.After a bit of digging, I found all x-legends games share the same structure. Eternal Eden, Aura Kingdom, Twin Sage and even the latest 7th Darkeness( which is jp only now).I think it's worthy to develop such open source server emulator that works on all of them with only minimal modification needed. And we can update the server with files unpacked from client.It will take a lot of time to develop, but I'm not sure if anyone is interested. If you think it's possible and would like to contribute please reply. Then I'll setup a github repository and push all the things I have found so far.What we have now:1. Unprotected server files from aura kingdom (basically plain c++ code under IDA pro Hex ray decompiler with clear function names)2. Unprotected client files from official client unpacking ( for TW or HK version, you can use x64dbg or ollydbg to attach to it directly to debug with packets)What we can do:1. Slowly translating the official server into our own.2. Capture packets to analyze their content( commands / characters/...)What have been found:The client uses RSA 2048 for handshake and RC4 for later communications.

[X%OR$~0~THIV2GWUMKCOEP - Server emulator development? - RaGEZONE Forums Y}RUGHPC37`SY@G(GV6W@6Q - Server emulator development? - RaGEZONE Forums UKTZAN9{}T7ALYXT`5ST{QE - Server emulator development? - RaGEZONE Forums PY{84]`1EPL39$L4(Z922)M - Server emulator development? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Private server we where working on.

And this is a proxy we made for x-legend games.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
This is so damn interesting! Always been wanting to try developing an emulator but never got the chance to get started. I'm intermedietely coding c# and has little knowledge in decompiling and packets. If any of you could give a kick start then I'm all up for such project.

Reaction score
I was wondering wich of the Aura Kingdom Clients is the most advanced one?
I heard there are many publisher, Hong Kong, Japan, Europe (Area Games)
If you were to develop a server wich client you would want to support or makes the most sense to support (english language)?

Reaction score
i would definitely be interested in helping to develop a server, but i'd prefer if its tailored to Fantasy Frontier Online ( ) if thats the most advanced client.

We can build the server with the idea of a reusable 'base' in mind, so that we can abstract the TCP Connection management, database access and general functionalities in a library with a well defined interface. (which at a far far later point could be considered to be used to build another server for another x-legend game, BUT i assume just doing one server emulating decent is already alot todo. Besides the 'base' would most likely be the least effort!) That would allow us to have a seconds project that uses this library and declare the packet handling methods for ff online.

I have experience in writing networking code, multi threaded applications, creating and implementing database models, understanding and guessing packet structures. My favorite languages are Java and C#, i believe these are easier to come along and could lower the entry barrier for new people to contribute in a meaningful way. This however does not mean that i would't welcome other suggestions or languages.

My weak points are obviously the most needed talents :) I have limited reverse engineering experience (would be happy to learn some more on the way!) Thus stuff like a packed client.exe or network encryption are the deal breakers for me. If we can get around those limitation I'm happy to put effort into this project, as long as it is all open source!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Is this project still being worked on? I would love to help out.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I would also like to help! I have experiences in making client-server emulator but not with reverse engineering and packet encryptions. If anyone could tell me where to start, I would really appreciate it. (I have tried ollydbg but I couldnt understand anything..)

Back