Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to Change Server Time in CentOS

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello handsome ppl, it's me again x'D

So, i will show you in this tutorial, how to change your Server Time, follow this few and really short steps and you will succesfully change your server time -just in case you don't know how-

NOTE: IN THIS TUTORIAL I AM USING CENTOS 6.7 MINIMAL OS, IF YOU HAVE OTHER OS YOU WILL NEED TO FIND IT OVER THE INTERNET ... T.T SORRY

So, Tools you will need:
  1. Your Time Zone
    • You can check what's is your time zone or in any time zone website you prefer
  2. SecureCRT, Putty or whatever you use to get access to the CentOS terminal from windows

So, let's get acces to your virtual machine and connect in Putty or SecureCRT too, once you connected it will show you something like this
REMOVED
So, first you need to make a backup of your current time zone -just in case you fucked up your server-
Code:
[B]sudo mv /etc/localtime /etc/localtime.bak[/B]
The next step is changing your time zone -the one that the website i gave you showed up-

For example:
Code:
[B]sudo ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/[/B][B]America/Chicago[/B][B] /etc/localt[/B][B]ime[/B]
Where is the /America/Chicago you will replace your time zone, press enter and you are done!

congratulations! you changed your server time n.n

Now just for be sure you successfully changed it type
Code:
date
press enter and it will show up your current time zone

After that start your server (remember the command ./start), now log in into your ak server and you are done! server time changed

Back