Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

So there I was bored on a Thursday

Reaction score
and I said HEY? What ever happened to the nhero forum. So I popped over and noticed that it had seen some traffic. Too bad I wasn't paying attention then :( I'd love to have helped you all. Well now it seem that I may be able to. But instead of trying to word out a super great guide for you I ask you to view nhed57s guide located http://forum.ragezone.com/f94/server-setup-79611/ ..alright that's not the worlds best guide (no offense nhed) but neither is the ones I attempt to punch out. Well you need to follow those steps. At the "ODBC" part don't worry about making it "Login in" with your sa/password just have it log on with the windows network id... alright if your the curious type like me then you'll look at the .reg files here's where I messed up before... I thought the "\\" stuff was unneeded WRONG granted I changed mine to reflect c: instead of d: and that loaded up all the services without problems OK now to get into the nheromgr.exe you need to first load up your Query manager...now with the query manager loaded click the combo box and select your LOGDB... alright

Mng_AddServer [ server type ], [ server ID ], ' [ IP address ] '
Example:mng_AddServer 0,0,'127.0.0.1'
mng_AddServer 1,0,'127.0.0.1'
mng_AddServer 2,120,'127.0.0.1'
mng_AddServer 4,0,'127.0.0.1'
mng_AddServer 8,0,'127.0.0.1'
mng_AddServer 16,0,'127.0.0.1'
mng_AddServer 64,0,'127.0.0.1'

Mng_AddServerManager ' [ UserID ] ' ' [ Password ] ' ' [ Name ] '
Example: Mng_AddServerManager ' TAEWOOL' ' Aaa' ' James'

take a good look at that... you need to paste each (except examples) as well as the obvious "server type etc." ones just the mng_AddServer 1,0,'127.0.0.1' add those each ONE AT A TIME I tried to do multiple maybe i'm just a Special person but it wouldn't work one by one did though... also the "Mng_AddServerManager ' TAEWOOL' ' Aaa' ' James' part lacks the COMMAS needed so it should be like Mng_AddServerManager 'TAEWOOL', 'Aaa','James' I also took out an unneeded space but it should look like that. Please don't blow up my inbox with 2,000,000 PM's if you want me to respond post back here and I'll check. I was able to load everything so far except the client i'm kinda unsure about nheds 'hero.exe 127.0.0.1' I am looking for the client that ORIGINALLY came with the files I downloaded the newest client link posted and am trying to get that to work I will post back a screenshot once I get in/if I get in...but I at least got everything loaded as well as the nheromgr.exe and I'm sharing this information with you.... ^^

I've attached text document...it is the LOH2 Server Manual doc located in the NHServer\Doc Directory.... translated by google ;O so that should be the most albeit not transliterated into a way that's easily understandable but none the less should be helpful... give it a look if you get stuck. I'm thinking we may need an older client by the looks of what was stated in the translation... i'm not 100% sure either though...cause it looks like an ftp may be needed too *shrug*

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm going some where I just don't know *WHERE* exactly yet.... victory is close my friends!!!

tinkle - So there I was bored on a Thursday - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
Well I put out calls for help but no ones returned the favor yet. I still am looking for those patches so if you have those files still on your pc PLEASE pm me so I can get you a space to upload or you can transfer to me over IRC. If anyone needs help to get to where I've gotten I'll take PM's just give me a couple days or so to respond. I am quite 'active' here I'd like to say. But i'm no sql/system adminstrations expert.

Thanks and have a nice day

Back