Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ No Access to Memory Location

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am trying to import maps from GMS v83 into KMS v1.2.65. When I warp to any of the imported GMS maps in game, I dc instantly and get the error "No access to memory location". Any ideas about what might be going wrong here? Thanks in advance.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's definitely a new one, never had that before. To what extent did you copy or import, and how recent is KMS 1.2.65? If it utilizes a lot of new properties, something internal with how maps work pre-BB could have recently changed in KMS. That, or there's new nodes you need to remove/handle in order for them to work. I'd compare current v83 maps to ones in KMS 1.2.65 and find differences to see what all they had changed and/or done differently.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
KMS 1.2.65 isn't very recent, content-wise it is somewhere between GMS v62 and v83 (no Aran or Cygnus yet). Using WzRepacker I copied over the map .img files (and removed nodes that KMS 1.2.65 does not use), backgrounds, reactors, obj, and tiles. Some maps I am able to see the tiles/background for a split second before I disconnect instantly, but I am not sure what relevance this has. In case mobs or npcs may be affecting the issue, I have been testing with maps that do not have either of these. The result is the same.

Is it possible that using the copy/paste function of WzRepacker is not working properly when copying over from wz files that have a different encryption? Earlier, I was copy/pasting GMS UI.wz files to translate some KMS UI elements that were in Korean, but I found that doing so froze my client. Later on I learned that if I exported all of the .png files from the GMS UI.wz, then manually imported them one-by-one using the "Change" button in WzRepacker, the same GMS UI elements would miraculously start working in the KMS client.

In terms of importing maps, I started wondering if I would need to import the .png files from the GMS wz files separately, just like I did with the UI.wz files. Any insight about this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back