Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Adding Item ID That Doesn't Exist

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is it possible to create a custom item in an ID that doesn't exist to begin with? For example, if my shield IDs jump directly from 1092052 to 1092056 (with 3 nonexistent IDs in between), is it possible to create a shield with an ID of say, 1092053? Every time I add an item to this ID and try to drop the item in game, I crash instantly (Error -2147... No access to memory location). I've even tried dumping and importing the xml of an item that already exists and works fine to the nonexistent ID, but it gives me the same error.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Have you tried dumping the xml into your server files and restarting your server?
imCNfcB - Adding Item ID That Doesn't Exist - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, I've done that already and I still crash instantly as soon as I try to drop the item.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hindsight is a very powerful tool, but you should use !drop when testing items, you can clear the bugged items by item sorting if you don't already know that!

Your first step is trying to get the item to appear in your wz files. Don't put it into your server files yet. When you use !drop and you can see it, then you should dump the xml into your server files.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Whether I'm using !drop or !item, they both crash instantly; the difference being !item will crash me as soon as I open up my equip inventory. The item appears in my wz files. If I click on the item's canvas properties in HaRepacker, it will show me a preview of the item's PNGs. As I mentioned before, even if I dump the XML of an item that already exists, edit the ID to the target ID, then import it back into my wz files, I get the same error when I try to !drop or !item. This leads me to believe it's something wrong with the ID itself, but I can't figure out what's going on.

Upvote 0
Back