Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Adding post-bb maps to pre-bb sever

lai

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay, so I've trying to figure out how to add a specific map from v160 to my v62 source. But as soon as I enter the map the screen goes black (fades away) then the client crashes. I'm not getting any errors.

I've taken the v160 map itself and exported it too classic XML and PS xml, the classic went into my client wz folder (after I imported it to my map.wz) and ps went into my servers xml folder. So I have the map done.

I also took all the reference of tiles/backs/obj from that map and added it too my v62 client's map.wz. Including the Map mark.

I also took the string map name and added that.

Really been trying to wrap my head around why it's not working....

Is what i'm trying to do not possible? I've seen some people use big bang maps in non-bb servers, is there something im missing?
Any clue or help will immensely help me out

Staff member
Reaction score
Really hard to tell when we don't have any reference. Just make sure ANY nodes from post v62 don't exist since client won't like those and usually crash. I have never really added any post big bang maps, but I did add a lot of maps before.

If you post a reference here with all files I could maybe find what looks odd.

Reactions: lai
Upvote 0

lai

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Really hard to tell when we don't have any reference. Just make sure ANY nodes from post v62 don't exist since client won't like those and usually crash. I have never really added any post big bang maps, but I did add a lot of maps before.
If you post a reference here with all files I could maybe find what looks odd.

Thanks for replying. The map i'm trying to implement is 814000100 which is an attack on titan map that was added in v159 GMS.

lai - Adding post-bb maps to pre-bb sever - RaGEZONE Forums

The back(JP_Titan) and obj (eventJP) and tile (allblackTile) were all added to my v62 map.wz.

is the raw classic XML from v159 of the map I'm trying to implement.

The SS I posted above is a clean xml of the map (I've tried removing the onUserScript stuff, but still same issue) there also isn't any tooltiphelp img files for this map either.

I also tried removing the useSkill nodes and the portals as well. Issue still occurs.

Upvote 0
Staff member
Reaction score
The following nodes don't exist in v62. Please remove them and try again:

noChair
noMapCmd
standAlone
quarterView
onFirstUserEnter
partyStandAlone
fieldscript

Thats all in info.

I also see onlyUseskill and permittedSkill and neither of those are in client either.

Upvote 0

lai

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The following nodes don't exist in v62. Please remove them and try again:

noChair
noMapCmd
standAlone
quarterView
onFirstUserEnter
partyStandAlone
fieldscript

Thats all in info.

I also see onlyUseskill and permittedSkill and neither of those are in client either.
Yeah I've removed those nodes and tried already same issue.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Code:
<string name="bgm" value="BgmAoT/WallLoadCity"/>
Do you have this music, in your Sound.wz?

Upvote 0

lai

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I replaced that with a different bgm that I already currently had.

But, I got it to work!! Kimberly was right it was a node I missed to remove. A node named "piece" was in obj and foothold which I had to remove (200+ lines) one by one. But end result was worth it. Thanks Kimberly !

Upvote 0
Back