Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Animating Login Backdrop

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So, I've created a gif, to be used for Map.wz/Back/Login.IMG/Back/11
Which is the original Background image for the maplestory client on V.83. Without realizing. "Hey, dumbass. GIF's aren't just gonna work if you don't know what the duck you're doing." So. Basically. I wanted to know if it were possible to turn that entire section of "11" Into a working Gif background.

In simpler terms, an animated Backdrop on Maplestory. Is this possible, and if so. How would I do it with the gif I've already created?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
1) Add a new sub in Map.wz/Back/Login.img/ani
2) Import gif as canvas, let the newer HaRepacker(s) split the gif into multiple canvases
If the images come out to be miscolored because of HaRepacker, find a gif splitter online and re-import every image manually.
(using HaRepacker from HaSuite)
jm4pn7 - Animating Login Backdrop - RaGEZONE Forums

(using HaRepacker Resurrected)
cGNUpEH - Animating Login Backdrop - RaGEZONE Forums
3) Copy paste this guy as a new sub, or make a new sub and copy all of its contents in UI.wz/MapLogin.img/back:
guVmNkW - Animating Login Backdrop - RaGEZONE Forums

4) Make sure the "ani" is set to 1, "bS" to login, and "no" to match the sub you created in Map.wz

The result should be something like this:

After which, you can just mess with the origin of your gif in the new sub you made in UI.wz

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
1) Add a new sub in Map.wz/Back/Login.img/ani
2) Import gif as canvas, let the newer HaRepacker(s) split the gif into multiple canvases
If the images come out to be miscolored because of HaRepacker, find a gif splitter online and re-import every image manually.
(using HaRepacker from HaSuite)
jm4pn7 - Animating Login Backdrop - RaGEZONE Forums

(using HaRepacker Resurrected)
cGNUpEH - Animating Login Backdrop - RaGEZONE Forums
3) Copy paste this guy as a new sub, or make a new sub and copy all of its contents in UI.wz/MapLogin.img/back:
guVmNkW - Animating Login Backdrop - RaGEZONE Forums

4) Make sure the "ani" is set to 1, "bS" to login, and "no" to match the sub you created in Map.wz

The result should be something like this:

After which, you can just mess with the origin of your gif in the new sub you made in UI.wz

That's the Issue I'm having is that HaRepacker won't split the gif I'm afraid I'll have to do it myself manually and I wanted to know how to do it via HaRepacker. I've tried almost every button on the app, I'm currently using HaSuite's HaRepacker.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's the Issue I'm having is that HaRepacker won't split the gif I'm afraid I'll have to do it myself manually and I wanted to know how to do it via HaRepacker. I've tried almost every button on the app, I'm currently using HaSuite's HaRepacker.

It doesn't exist. This was a feature added on to HaRepacker resurrected, which is a fork of HaSuite's HaRepacker. You're going to have to split the GIF into PNG frames and then add them (tools for this exist online).

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Alright, so I've figured out. How to make it work, thank you.
But now I'm having another issue. When the Gif ends, for some reason it glitches out. But the original gif doesn't glitch out. What do I do?
-----------
Fixed it.

Thank you so much for the help!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Staff member
Reaction score
Alright, so I've figured out. How to make it work, thank you.
But now I'm having another issue. When the Gif ends, for some reason it glitches out. But the original gif doesn't glitch out. What do I do?
-----------
Fixed it.

Thank you so much for the help!

Glitch out in which way? I am not sure if you are talking about the infamous GFX problems or not.

Upvote 0
Back