Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Can't Remove "life"(npc,monsters) from my map wz and portals not working

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I trying to change the first map(id: 000010000)

I'm using map editor and I just can't remove the npcs...
I deleted the npcs with map editor and nothing happened in the game..
I even tried to delete everything on the life folder inside my map img with Harepacker

and seems like I can't see every portal in my map...

thanks for helping if you don't understand what I'm trying to say pls comment and I'll try to add images :):

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: Can't Remove "life"(npc,monsters) from my map wz and portals not working

export xml as private server to source > reload map > done

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

export xml as private server to source > reload map > done
But I can't export to xml only for img in map editor....

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

harepacker, wzrepacker, any repacker should do just fine

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

harepacker, wzrepacker, any repacker should do just fine
Haha yea.. I just dump my map wz file (thanks! :D)

but I still can't see all the portal in every map..
image: id: 20000)

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Haha yea.. I just dump my map wz file (thanks! :D)

but I still can't see all the portal in every map..
image: id: 20000)
I've always wondered the same whenever I used to map edit, but then I realized I didn't really care lol. What you could do is go into the XML in harepacker, delete everything inside the portal sub-property and save the wz. Then in Map editor, you manually re-create the portals that used to be there. From there on out you'll be able to see and modify the portals in Map editor. As for the answer to your question, I really have no idea. I've always wondered the same thing, but never really tried to figure out why. Maybe someone else can answer this question :p

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I've always wondered the same whenever I used to map edit, but then I realized I didn't really care lol. What you could do is go into the XML in harepacker, delete everything inside the portal sub-property and save the wz. Then in Map editor, you manually re-create the portals that used to be there. From there on out you'll be able to see and modify the portals in Map editor. As for the answer to your question, I really have no idea. I've always wondered the same thing, but never really tried to figure out why. Maybe someone else can answer this question :p

oh, wow thank you so much!
and 1 more question..
do I need to have the same thing in the wz map and the wz map folder? or only if I change certain things like npcs

thanks

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

do I need to have the same thing in the wz map and the wz map folder? or only if I change certain things like npcs
If you're talking about exporting the XML to your server then yes, export it to your server files and reload the map

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I'm not sure which map editor you're using, but given how portals are displayed as little dots, that's not HaCreator, which is the one I would recommend the most (http://forum.ragezone.com/f702/release-hasuite-hacreator-2-1-a-1068988/ ; the first link is the one to download the zipped folder with HaRepacker and HaCreator).
It appears that certain portal types are not displayed, in the editor you are using (you're missing a collision script and a regular visible portal, while the invisible one and the spawn point are displayed).

As for this question,
As a general rule of thumb, you want to always have the user-side (wz files, in this case Map.wz) and server-side (the wz folders, in this case Map.wz/Map/Map0) synchronized, meaning that if you edit one, you also need to edit the other.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I'm not sure which map editor you're using, but given how portals are displayed as little dots, that's not HaCreator, which is the one I would recommend the most (http://forum.ragezone.com/f702/release-hasuite-hacreator-2-1-a-1068988/ ; the first link is the one to download the zipped folder with HaRepacker and HaCreator).
It appears that certain portal types are not displayed, in the editor you are using (you're missing a collision script and a regular visible portal, while the invisible one and the spawn point are displayed).

As for this question,

As a general rule of thumb, you want to always have the user-side (wz files, in this case Map.wz) and server-side (the wz folders, in this case Map.wz/Map/Map0) synchronized, meaning that if you edit one, you also need to edit the other.

Cool! I just started using Hacreator 2 and it's so much better :D(btw the portals seems really strange lol)

Upvote 0
Back