Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Chairs Glitching in and Out

Nae-un <33
Reaction score
So I was able to successfully import chairs, but some of them are missing an image as a tooltip or when you sit on some they glitch in and out of the game. What is this?

To fix for the images missing in the tooltip I've just went down a version and imported those chairs over (which DO have the image). But for the chairs that glitch in and out ... not sure.

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by glitch in and out and from what version you're importing.

A few things I can note that might help:
- Older versions before v7x cannot use multiple effect nodes (effect2,etc)
- Some chairs are linked to mounts in Character.wz->TamingMob after v8x
- Chairs have loops and instead of UOL or image replica, Nexon uses a 'source' link property (around v13x+)

Upvote 0
Nae-un <33
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by glitch in and out and from what version you're importing.

A few things I can note that might help:
- Older versions before v7x cannot use multiple effect nodes (effect2,etc)
- Some chairs are linked to mounts in Character.wz->TamingMob after v8x
- Chairs have loops and instead of UOL or image replica, Nexon uses a 'source' link property (around v13x+)

Thanks. I've also been trying to add NPCs as well. These are my steps:

• Open v83 NPC.wz on left side of Wzrepacker
  • Open v175 NPC.wz on right side
  • Noticed that they seemed to contain same NPC stuff and format, so I deleted everything from the v83 NPC and copied and pasted over from the v175 side
  • Saved and overwrote the v83 NPC.wz
  • Exported v83 NPC.wz as XML and placed it into server files
  • Opened up v83 String.wz and v175 String.wz
  • Deleted everything on Npc.img and copied the Npc.img from the v175 side
  • Saved and exported as XML

I've been DCing upon login every single time. I reverted my NPC.wz to a backup and kept String.wz where it is at the moment and everything seems to be fine, but I'm unable to update my actual NPC.wz file without crashing.

Upvote 0
Staff member
Reaction score
So basically you remove everything from v83 NPC wise and toss the v1.75 ones in? Are you planning to use all of them? Just copying and pasting in general is terrible for file size and I see so many v62 servers for example tossing everything in from v83 even though only 5% get used and it looks so ugly for both file size and it can cause issues because things changed...What exactly do you want added NPC wise?

For the chair issue its most likely 'source' node like Eric mentioned. v83 doesn't support that and that has been implemented in GMS v1.43 (according to my documentary) to save space. However, the bad side of this is that copy and pasting content from v1.43+ to a lower version is becoming a bit more annoying since all the images that has this 'source' node will not work whatsoever in earlier versions (The image will be invisible since client won't load them). If you want add new stuff such as chairs and stuff but not from newer version, I recommend using v1.42 for that, or a region that doesn't have 'source'. If you want add v1.43+ chairs than you either have to manual remove it (which is a major pain), use MapleSEA/Maple Europe that maybe has it, or use a tool that removes it automatically (I never used such tools, so can't help with that..)

Also, v83 supports multiple layers for chairs, but it doesn't support chairs that change your character coordinates as far as I know.

Upvote 0
Nae-un <33
Reaction score
That helps a lot. As for copying and pasting, I kinda just wanted to see all the new NPCs and spawn them for entertainment purposes. As for your note on chairs that clears up everything. I'll just import chairs from v1.42 instead. It was nice to see some frozen content though, haha.

Does this mean all chairs v1.43 and up become invisible, or is it only a select number?
Kimberly

Upvote 0
Staff member
Reaction score
Does this mean all chairs v1.43 and up become invisible, or is it only a select number?
@Kimberly

I honestly can't tell since I run v62 and pretty much all new chairs are desupported in v62 (multiple layer chairs or coordinate based), so I can't answer that one. Furthermore, I highly dislike the modern chairs since they are huge and made for the high res of BB.

I am also not 100% sure v1.43 was the exact version. Looking at my archive v.142 is 5.32 GB and v1.43 is 5.06 GB, so most likely I did wrote that right.

I would have checked it just for you, but currently at work :p

Upvote 0
Reaction score
So basically you remove everything from v83 NPC wise and toss the v1.75 ones in? Are you planning to use all of them? Just copying and pasting in general is terrible for file size and I see so many v62 servers for example tossing everything in from v83 even though only 5% get used and it looks so ugly for both file size and it can cause issues because things changed...What exactly do you want added NPC wise?

For the chair issue its most likely 'source' node like Eric mentioned. v83 doesn't support that and that has been implemented in GMS v1.43 (according to my documentary) to save space. However, the bad side of this is that copy and pasting content from v1.43+ to a lower version is becoming a bit more annoying since all the images that has this 'source' node will not work whatsoever in earlier versions (The image will be invisible since client won't load them). If you want add new stuff such as chairs and stuff but not from newer version, I recommend using v1.42 for that, or a region that doesn't have 'source'. If you want add v1.43+ chairs than you either have to manual remove it (which is a major pain), use MapleSEA/Maple Europe that maybe has it, or use a tool that removes it automatically (I never used such tools, so can't help with that..)

Also, v83 supports multiple layers for chairs, but it doesn't support chairs that change your character coordinates as far as I know.

Actually, while it does ripperoni your file size, it would be 3x larger if it were to physically work on his version. Nexon's files are smaller in size because they link so many things now through source/UOL properties. If he were to run scripts/edit the files to become actual PNG's everywhere, that'd be terrible! That's how I easily had one of my old v75 servers up to 8GB file size, I don't recommend it lool

Was it really early v14x? I thought it was late v13x, guess I'm wrong.

and v83 does allow character coordinate changes, but with edits of course! The TamingMob trick I explained was just added into v83 actually. It'll let you mount onto a chair and it will boost your character's origin to the TamingMob's proper origin. If you were to chair edit, you could use this trick to fix it. Otherwise yeah, the client will not boost your character up on v83 :p

I will also advise like I have before that you should not copy all nodes from one version into another. The very useful portion of WZRepacker and the reason I stuck with it until I made my own was the "Select new nodes >>>" tool. It will ONLY select the things NOT in your WZ, but in the newer WZ. This will cause less corruption when saving. If you plan to replace a single NPC, then just remove that one node and then replace it; don't physically replace your whole WZ, it won't work out like you expect it to most of the time.

Upvote 0
Nae-un <33
Reaction score
Actually, while it does ripperoni your file size, it would be 3x larger if it were to physically work on his version. Nexon's files are smaller in size because they link so many things now through source/UOL properties. If he were to run scripts/edit the files to become actual PNG's everywhere, that'd be terrible! That's how I easily had one of my old v75 servers up to 8GB file size, I don't recommend it lool

Was it really early v14x? I thought it was late v13x, guess I'm wrong.

and v83 does allow character coordinate changes, but with edits of course! The TamingMob trick I explained was just added into v83 actually. It'll let you mount onto a chair and it will boost your character's origin to the TamingMob's proper origin. If you were to chair edit, you could use this trick to fix it. Otherwise yeah, the client will not boost your character up on v83 :p

I will also advise like I have before that you should not copy all nodes from one version into another. The very useful portion of WZRepacker and the reason I stuck with it until I made my own was the "Select new nodes >>>" tool. It will ONLY select the things NOT in your WZ, but in the newer WZ. This will cause less corruption when saving. If you plan to replace a single NPC, then just remove that one node and then replace it; don't physically replace your whole WZ, it won't work out like you expect it to most of the time.

Is this what you mean by the character coordinates don't change unless you're on mount?

MgemXrm - Chairs Glitching in and Out - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Is this what you mean by the character coordinates don't change unless you're on mount?

MgemXrm - Chairs Glitching in and Out - RaGEZONE Forums

Indeed. In higher versions the chair would move up. You can look into that one alien/VIP chair, I think that's the only original v83 "mounted" chair. It'll boost your character up.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Nae-un <33
Reaction score
Indeed. In higher versions the chair would move up. You can look into that one alien/VIP chair, I think that's the only original v83 "mounted" chair. It'll boost your character up.

Thanks, I'll give that a look. It seems v142 has a ton of missing PNGs as well when ported to v83. I guess I'll have to do some research or trial and error.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll give that a look. It seems v142 has a ton of missing PNGs as well when ported to v83. I guess I'll have to do some research or trial and error.
hello, did u found the fix? i was trying to add same chair as yours, but couldnt make it

Upvote 0
Back