Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ HaRepacker is broken

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I downloaded the v62 setup from here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f425/maplestory-client-archive-gmsdlreborn-1101897/

So for map id = 100020000 check the node Map.wz/Map/Map1/100020000.img/back/0. It references Map.wz/Back/midForest.img/back/0. If I go in game, it is a blue background but when I load it in HaRepacker, it is a useless blob.

I also tried this with WzRepacker and it also shows the gray blob rather than the blue. Can somebody help me find a .wz explorer that isn't broken?

I will attach some screenshots

JJc0lMn - HaRepacker is broken - RaGEZONE Forums

hek5WMK - HaRepacker is broken - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So for map id = 100020000 check the node Map.wz/Map/Map1/100020000.img/back/0. It references Map.wz/Back/midForest.img/back/0. If I go in game, it is a blue background but when I load it in HaRepacker, it is a useless blob.
I also tried this with WzRepacker and it also shows the gray blob rather than the blue. Can somebody help me find a .wz explorer that isn't broken?
This is a consistent issue through all public Hare versions and any other wz application - to my knowledge. It's probably due to a small issue with maplelib or something with that particular images basedata. I don't really know the root of the problem as analyzing code isn't my forte.

What I can tell you from a WZ editor standpoint is that unless you plan to export/import midForest, just leave it be and it'll be loaded fine in-game. If you do plan to export it, just replace the image with a similar blue png like the one in grassySoil and move on with your work. IME, it's only been that one particular bg image in midForest that has an issue. Not something worth getting hung up on.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you want that Background for another map? you can use HaCreator to edit any map using the background you like:

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It's format 517 image.But HaRepacker decode code is wrong.Change these code in WzPngProperty.cs and
recompile the source.
Code:
  case 517:
                    argb = GetPixelDataForm517(pixel, this.w, this.h);
                    pngDecoded = new Bitmap(this.w, this.h, PixelFormat.Format16bppRgb565);
                    bmpdata = pngDecoded.LockBits(new Rectangle(0, 0, this.w, this.h), ImageLockMode.WriteOnly, PixelFormat.Format16bppRgb565);
                    Marshal.Copy(argb, 0, bmpdata.Scan0, argb.Length);
                    pngDecoded.UnlockBits(bmpdata);
break;

public static byte[] GetPixelDataForm517(byte[] rawData, int width, int height)
        {
            byte[] pixel = new byte[width * height * 2];
            int lineIndex = 0;
            for (int j0 = 0, j1 = height / 16; j0 < j1; j0++)
            {
                var dstIndex = lineIndex;
                for (int i0 = 0, i1 = width / 16; i0 < i1; i0++)
                {
                    int idx = (i0 + j0 * i1) * 2;
                    byte b0 = rawData[idx];
                    byte b1 = rawData[idx + 1];
                    for (int k = 0; k < 16; k++)
                    {
                        pixel[dstIndex++] = b0;
                        pixel[dstIndex++] = b1;
                    }
                }

for (int k = 1; k < 16; k++)
                {
                    Array.Copy(pixel, lineIndex, pixel, dstIndex, width * 2);
                    dstIndex += width * 2;
                }

lineIndex += width * 32;
            }
            return pixel;
}

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Awesome. I changed the code and recompiled, and now it's working fine.

x0EQJzm - HaRepacker is broken - RaGEZONE Forums

Thank you so much @Elem8100!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Back