Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ [Help] Import songs to sound.wz (can't hear it ingame)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
as title says ,
I'm importing songs to sound.wz , even tried to make one but still i can't hear it ingame , yes i did add them to xml , i keep hear the song of the previous map i was in someone can help me pls?:
Thx.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry for being rude Eric , but i hope you can help me after all i saw you helping many others on their problems.

Upvote 0
Staff member
Reaction score
Show me what you've done on both the map you try have music and your sound.wz and I can tell you what's wrong.

Also, BGM is completely client sided. Having sound as .xml is complete waste of time/space.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Show me what you've done on both the map you try have music and your sound.wz and I can tell you what's wrong.

Also, BGM is completely client sided. Having sound as .xml is complete waste of time/space.

i did create new sound on sound.wz (wzImage >> SoundProperty>> put that song there)
i did crop the song from 5mins to 1;40 mins, tried to put it on all maps and its not working...
also its mp3 ye

Upvote 0
Staff member
Reaction score
Give me your map.wz and sound.wz and tell me which map you want to change, and maybe I can find out why its broken. I can't really do much with text.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Give me your map.wz and sound.wz and tell me which map you want to change, and maybe I can find out why its broken. I can't really do much with text.
there is something that i changed his name & sound also put same sound on bgm21.img >> 2021year , i will send you on pm and its located on map 000000005.img , sending pm.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
there is something that i changed his name & sound also put same sound on bgm21.img >> 2021year , i will send you on pm and its located on map 000000005.img , sending pm.

Hmm, I'd try sending a packet to the client of that sound. If the sound refuses to play, try changing that sound the same way you imported it but with a different, standard mp3. If that will play, then it's an issue with the mp3 you're importing. It could be some kind of bitrate issue or something, the client has problems with playing some songs for this reason (or they play very fast lmao).

Upvote 0
Staff member
Reaction score
So, first thing I've noticed that as soon you play your songs in the .wz editor it errors immediately, while this doesn't happen on other songs. This is already a big red flag something is wrong...

Furthermore, if you go to any song and select it, you will see how long it is. For your songs it always says 0:00.

Hedwig's Theme + 2021year its same song (from harry potter).
(from the PM)

I haven't actually ever added complete custom MP3's in Maple (which I wasn't aware of you were trying until you PM'd me), but looking at the map.wz portion its linked correctly to the file, so its most likely the case of your MP3 not being the right bitrate, which I remember is also a problem if you add custom music in an other game I used to play.

EDIT: This seems to happen on all songs in Bgm21.img even something like KerningSquare which I would assume works fine. How do you import songs and how come they error in the .wz editor? Your songs are also in Bgm21.img so I am curious if you did something with it that causes all songs in there to have this issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I usually just have my own Bgm image file for all the custom songs. Why don't you make a new BgmCustom.img and just put your new songs in there? Also, with regards to the bitrate of the MP3 file, open the mp3 in some sound editor program ( or will do) and re-export it as mp3. You'll know things are dandy when your sound file doesn't throw an error inside HaRepacker.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I usually just have my own Bgm image file for all the custom songs. Why don't you make a new BgmCustom.img and just put your new songs in there? Also, with regards to the bitrate of the MP3 file, open the mp3 in some sound editor program ( or will do) and re-export it as mp3. You'll know things are dandy when your sound file doesn't throw an error inside HaRepacker.

I have created also custom Bgm.img but still not worked but ok i will try this , thx for everyone

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm, I'd try sending a packet to the client of that sound. If the sound refuses to play, try changing that sound the same way you imported it but with a different, standard mp3. If that will play, then it's an issue with the mp3 you're importing. It could be some kind of bitrate issue or something, the client has problems with playing some songs for this reason (or they play very fast lmao).

So, first thing I've noticed that as soon you play your songs in the .wz editor it errors immediately, while this doesn't happen on other songs. This is already a big red flag something is wrong...

Furthermore, if you go to any song and select it, you will see how long it is. For your songs it always says 0:00.

(from the PM)

I haven't actually ever added complete custom MP3's in Maple (which I wasn't aware of you were trying until you PM'd me), but looking at the map.wz portion its linked correctly to the file, so its most likely the case of your MP3 not being the right bitrate, which I remember is also a problem if you add custom music in an other game I used to play.

EDIT: This seems to happen on all songs in Bgm21.img even something like KerningSquare which I would assume works fine. How do you import songs and how come they error in the .wz editor? Your songs are also in Bgm21.img so I am curious if you did something with it that causes all songs in there to have this issue.

i did try everything nothing works... :(

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What program are you even using to do this?

It should be as simple as pressing the "Change Music" button in HaRepacker and choosing the MP3 you want unless that isn't the topic at hand.

The only thing that would be difficult is finding the location of the song that you want to replace. If you're trying to add entirely new song and keep the old ones, this is just an assumption, copy the original property from a sound, and then reference the location of the song in the desired map ID

Upvote 0
Back