Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ [help]Some questions and need guidance

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, I am using v83(as server and client for single-playing), as I am relatively new to wz editing, I hope I can get some guidance, I did some search but unable to find any result(forgive me if i didn't "dig" enough)

1.1)I thinking of replacing and removing all potions to just power elixir and all cure for simplicity
so other than just delete, how do i make (all)mob drop power elixir and all cure(instead of red and blue potions)
I tried looking into items.wz and mobs.wz but can't find any sub properties that related to drops from mobs
what are the steps for this?

1.2)Quest that require potions to turn in, what are the steps to make them accept power elixir(since all other potions are remove)?
I tried looking into quest.wz but in vain(even for other quest turn in, I can't seem to find "get item(item id) from player")

1.3)What are the file that will effected/need edit if I remove potions (other than items.wz)?

2))Is it possible to do conditional to drops? eg only night lord/night walker can see star drops from mobs, only archer can see arrow drop from mobs, only cannoner able to see bullet drop from mobs

3)In .wz edit, is there anyway to increase crit rate on item? I have seen a list of other stats(incSTR, incDEX, incINT, incLUK...) except crit rate.

Many thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey,

In .wz edit, is there anyway to increase crit rate on item? I have seen a list of other stats(incSTR, incDEX, incINT, incLUK...) except crit rate.

No there's no way to do this in v83 without client edits.

Mob drops are found in the drop table and are entirely server sided. Quest requirements I'm not exactly sure about but they're server sided as well (or some of them are?), I'll wait for someone more experienced to explain those lol. Making mobs drop different things is possible but you'd need to look at the code that retrieves information from the drop table and modify it to your liking.

Also, just removing potions from your item.wz may not completely rid the game of them. There may be some quests and NPCs that will attempt to display these potions' icons, and if they aren't in your files then you'd just crash every time you try loading that NPC up. I'd suggest simply removing them from all the drop tables / quests / stores until you never see them in the game (but leave them in the files just in case they do show up somewhere, so that they don't crash you when they do.) Wz edits are the least of your worries for a task like this.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Mob drops are found in the drop table and are entirely server sided. Quest requirements I'm not exactly sure about but they're server sided as well (or some of them are?), I'll wait for someone more experienced to explain those lol. Making mobs drop different things is possible but you'd need to look at the code that retrieves information from the drop table and modify it to your liking.

1.4)My appologies if I didn't make it clear,"I am using v83(as server and client for single-playing)"-> I am hosting the server for myself
thx for directing me there but I didn't see any drop loot table file , is it DropRateCommand.sql or db_drops.sql or?

Also, just removing potions from your item.wz may not completely rid the game of them. There may be some quests and NPCs that will attempt to display these potions' icons, and if they aren't in your files then you'd just crash every time you try loading that NPC up. I'd suggest simply removing them from all the drop tables / quests / stores until you never see them in the game (but leave them in the files just in case they do show up somewhere, so that they don't crash you when they do.) Wz edits are the least of your worries for a task like this.

1.5)I thinking of doing some major overhual, I taking it as learning experience come with playing.
That why i want to replace the quest reward/requrement with potions
thx for pointing out store too, it is under npc.wz right?

No there's no way to do this in v83 without client edits.

3.2)With harepack, i not sure if it is incCRIT(guessing base on other stats name) is the right way or..?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It might help to mention what server source you're using.

1.1) If your db_drops.sql file contains thousands of lines then that's probably your drop table data. You will need to find all potions (also called consumables) and remove them from the table that it inserts into (It's commonly called 'drop_data' in Odin-based sources). The items that monsters drop is entirely up to the server so you will not find it in your WZ files.
To make all monsters drop a certain item you might have a database table named 'drop_data_global' or something similar (it depends on the server source you're using). If you don't have something like this, you may want to add code to your source where the monster dies and to make the monster drop items. You can typically find this code in the class MapleMap in a method called dropFromMonster (again, it will depend on the source you're using).
The class that retrieves the drop data from your database is called MapleMonsterInformationProvider.

1.2) It's going to be a lot of work but you will need to edit your Quest.wz and find all occurrences where a potion is required or rewarded and either delete the quest or change the requirement.
I've never gone through quests so if anybody can correct this, in your Quest.wz you will have to go through Act.img for quest items, Check.img for requirements, QuestInfo.img to replace quest dialogue and Say.img to replace NPC dialogue.

1.3) If you want to know everything that you might have to change for removing potions, you will need to probably fix the Item Maker recipes (Beginner job skill if you event want to use it), Monster Book, buffs created from bosses such as Horntail, general NPC shops in all towns and possibly reactor drops.
If you decide to go through and edit quests, you will have to update the quest NPC scripts in your source to remove or give potion requirements and rewards (typically under the folder scripts/quests/).

2) Conditional drops will have to be done in the source due to the fact that you need the player's data when a monster is killed to determine what you want to drop. You will need to look for code where this happens like I said at the end of question 1.1.

3) I'm not a WZ editor so I don't know, but I don't think that's possible with WZ edits as Feras said. Damage calculations and any affecting attributes are done by the game itself and will require a lot of experience and skill in client editing / reverse engineering the game. As far as I know, there is no such stat to increase crit rate.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It might help to mention what server source you're using.

I am using HeavenMS - a big thanks for Ronan and his team/those who help work on it and made it public so i can play old version of maple as singleplayer

1.1) If your db_drops.sql file contains thousands of lines then that's probably your drop table data. You will need to find all potions (also called consumables) and remove them from the table that it inserts into (It's commonly called 'drop_data' in Odin-based sources). The items that monsters drop is entirely up to the server so you will not find it in your WZ files.
To make all monsters drop a certain item you might have a database table named 'drop_data_global' or something similar (it depends on the server source you're using). If you don't have something like this, you may want to add code to your source where the monster dies and to make the monster drop items. You can typically find this code in the class MapleMap in a method called dropFromMonster (again, it will depend on the source you're using).
The class that retrieves the drop data from your database is called MapleMonsterInformationProvider.

Silly me, I search in file and folder instead of using mysql query brower, I see drop_data and drop data global. Mind if I ask what is reactordrop and should I touch on it?
This give me a whole new perspective now, I can visualize a few options - I can take "baby step" by turning off the chance of it dropping and slowly work my way to total removing.

1.2) It's going to be a lot of work but you will need to edit your Quest.wz and find all occurrences where a potion is required or rewarded and either delete the quest or change the requirement.
I've never gone through quests so if anybody can correct this, in your Quest.wz you will have to go through Act.img for quest items, Check.img for requirements, QuestInfo.img to replace quest dialogue and Say.img to replace NPC dialogue.

1.3) If you want to know everything that you might have to change for removing potions, you will need to probably fix the Item Maker recipes (Beginner job skill if you event want to use it), Monster Book, buffs created from bosses such as Horntail, general NPC shops in all towns and possibly reactor drops.
If you decide to go through and edit quests, you will have to update the quest NPC scripts in your source to remove or give potion requirements and rewards (typically under the folder scripts/quests/).

Thanks for directing on specific sub properties
I probably only edit on 'behind the scene' - add/subtract "itemid" from inventory
but leave the 'surface' as it is - npc dialogue "i taking red potions"; but actual subtraction is power elixir

I only remove real potions (that put a space in use tab). Buff or special potions(cpg etc), I won't touch as for now.

2) Conditional drops will have to be done in the source due to the fact that you need the player's data when a monster is killed to determine what you want to drop. You will need to look for code where this happens like I said at the end of question 1.1.
hmm, seem like a big leap of coding here, my knowledge of coding is anything that below Boolean, maybe I can do a big loop of returning of just true and false.

3) I'm not a WZ editor so I don't know, but I don't think that's possible with WZ edits as Feras said. Damage calculations and any affecting attributes are done by the game itself and will require a lot of experience and skill in client editing / reverse engineering the game. As far as I know, there is no such stat to increase crit rate.
Able to "back door" it? I have seen some post on skill cover, maybe I can replace beginner skills with Sharp Eyes from Bm (some job have + crit rate as passive but i am unsure if it need specific weap to work or just calculate on global dmg)

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

This is correct.
You'll find that most quests have their item requirements listed in Quest.wz/Check.img/<quest_ID>; they'll be split in two nodes, 0 for the requirements to begin the quest (that, once met, will allow you to see the light bulb on the NPC), and 1 for the requirements to complete the quest (that, once met, will show the closed book on the NPC).
Even if you don't wanna alter the quests to visually show the correct items, you will still need to alter Check.img, otherwise you wouldn't be able to complete the quests.

Act.img is where the actual item removal/gain is done; once again, node 0 is for items that are removed/gained upon accepting quest, and node 1 is for items added/removed once the quest is complete.

Some quests, however, are scripted server-side: you'll find them all collected in a "Quests" folder on your server scripts list, with names corresponding to the quest ID.
You're gonna need to make sure that those ones also have the correct items rewarded, if any of them needs editing.

Upvote 0
Back