Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Import v17x hair to v83, only 40000+ doesn't work

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys, i tired to import the latest hair into v83. all of them works expect hair id 40000 above + it gives me blade hair. anyone knows why?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm I was thinking it might that problem too. Tired to change the id to < 40000 and it worked. Any idea where can I start with if I need to change the cap in the 83 client?
If not I have this idea where to rename all 4000 above to unused id below 4000 D:

Also, I'm using sorlax as source. I found out that multiply effect didn't come out after I equip 3 penguins or dragons. I checked the forum about this, read and understand it it might be the effect from wz file. Can I ask where is the effect handled in the server side? Because of limited post regarding it, I can't seems to understand about the pet effect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm I was thinking it might that problem too. Tired to change the id to < 40000 and it worked. Any idea where can I start with if I need to change the cap in the 83 client?
If not I have this idea where to rename all 4000 above to unused id below 4000 D:

Also, I'm using sorlax as source. I found out that multiply effect didn't come out after I equip 3 penguins or dragons. I checked the forum about this, read and understand it it might be the effect from wz file. Can I ask where is the effect handled in the server side? Because of limited post regarding it, I can't seems to understand about the pet effect.

Uhh you'd need to look around the client. I think I found it in v62 a year or two ago, but I forgot where it was.

As for the pet effect, all pet effects are a Set Effect and you need to add it into Effect.wz/SetEff.img. If you have 3 valid pets for the effect, it will display.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Uhh you'd need to look around the client. I think I found it in v62 a year or two ago, but I forgot where it was.

As for the pet effect, all pet effects are a Set Effect and you need to add it into Effect.wz/SetEff.img. If you have 3 valid pets for the effect, it will display.

Hmmm. Thanks! Can you further explain how did you find it? I'm a guy which is more interested in the process :D

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
So I've got 40k+ hairs to work which is immensely helpful, however when changing hair colors I instantly crash.

Any thoughts on why this might happen and whether or not this can be fixed?

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So I've got 40k+ hairs to work which is immensely helpful, however when changing hair colors I instantly crash.

Any thoughts on why this might happen and whether or not this can be fixed?

If you can view hairs 40k+ in the NPC, then the client can register them just fine because Hair and Hair "Color" are sending the same OnAskAvatar packet, just two different HairID array arguments. I think your issue then is actually related to your NPC Script and the way it calculates a list of hair colors based off of your current hair. You can always confirm this by calling a sendStyle with a list of hairs and include the hair color ID's not just the base hair. If it doesn't crash you, then it's definitely the way it calculates the list of hair colors :p

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

hello eric, isit possible to import pet from v17x++ to 83 ?
i have to import string as well? effect too?
sorry im quite new to this

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
hello eric, isit possible to import pet from v17x++ to 83 ?
i have to import string as well? effect too?
sorry im quite new to this

Yes, you can import nearly anything from higher versions. However, the higher the version you go, the more changes/fixes you'll need to apply in order for things to work. Pets in order to work only need their item added (within Item.wz/Pet), their name/desc added (within String.wz/Pet), and their actions/responses added (within String.wz/PetDialog). For a Pet that uses special effects (or when combined with other pets), you can add the necessary effects into Effect.wz/SetEff and Effect.wz/PetEff.

I however haven't touched up-to-date wz files in quite some time, so I couldn't tell you what all you'd need to change besides the possibility of source/inlink properties. If I remember correctly, they had also modified the way effects had rendered in Effect.wz to use body actions, but i'm not 100% sure. If so, you'll usually just want to use the 'default' or 'stand' nodes.

Feel free to look at old WZ Editing tutorials if you're new and a little confused. While the tutorials available may be old and outdated, the idea of how it all works and the process behind it hasn't really changed.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, you can import nearly anything from higher versions. However, the higher the version you go, the more changes/fixes you'll need to apply in order for things to work. Pets in order to work only need their item added (within Item.wz/Pet), their name/desc added (within String.wz/Pet), and their actions/responses added (within String.wz/PetDialog). For a Pet that uses special effects (or when combined with other pets), you can add the necessary effects into Effect.wz/SetEff and Effect.wz/PetEff.

I however haven't touched up-to-date wz files in quite some time, so I couldn't tell you what all you'd need to change besides the possibility of source/inlink properties. If I remember correctly, they had also modified the way effects had rendered in Effect.wz to use body actions, but i'm not 100% sure. If so, you'll usually just want to use the 'default' or 'stand' nodes.

Feel free to look at old WZ Editing tutorials if you're new and a little confused. While the tutorials available may be old and outdated, the idea of how it all works and the process behind it hasn't really changed.

Okay, umm there are things that confused me as well, about string.wz/pet, i tried to export selection classic but nothing happen, ( im using harepacker ) is there a way for me to export them? i also tried on other string.wz such as hair,face,weapon also same problem.. am i doing it wrongly?
and... do i have to use the ultimate xml on the new pet that has been imported as well?

Upvote 0
Back