Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Item effect

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
How WZ item effect works? For example GM effect on item 1002140. Where on the WZ its define the item the specific effect?

In other words, how to give item an effect?

Plus, there is a server side void which can give item effect? Or can equip an item you don't actually wear?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Back before GMS implemented Item effects into ItemEff they used SetEff (which is what v83 servers do nowadays)
(of course excluding Cash effects)
So you would find the GM effect in:
Effect.wz > SetEff.img > 37, 38, 39, 40

However now that GMS has advanced a bit, and want to add effects for every action rather than just a default one, they've added Item effects into Effect.wz > ItemEff.img (while still keeping the old ones of course)

Also, I haven't heard of any server-sided effects, but then again my knowledge isn't as high as other people.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Back before GMS implemented Item effects into ItemEff they used SetEff (which is what v83 servers do nowadays)
(of course excluding Cash effects)
So you would find the GM effect in:
Effect.wz > SetEff.img > 37, 38, 39, 40

However now that GMS has advanced a bit, and want to add effects for every action rather than just a default one, they've added Item effects into Effect.wz > ItemEff.img (while still keeping the old ones of course)
Also, I haven't heard of any server-sided effects, but then again my knowledge isn't as high as other people.
Yea but, whats tell the game to use that effect 40 on item 1002140? How to change it to a different item? or add to a different item? Where is that handled?

Upvote 0
Back