Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Possibility to change single mob attack skill to multiple mob attack skill?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm trying to edit some skill from single mob to multiple mob, some skills works but some doesn't. For example Bishop Holy Arrow doesn't even if I add mobcount or add width and height value. Tested a lot of way also can't. Please give me some advice, very much appreciated, thank you!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Disclaimer: what's written below applies to v83.
The skill type (eg. targeted or straight-line, if we're talking about projectile skills) is handled (and hardcoded, courtesy of Nexon) clientside.

You technically can change the way they work, but you need to modify the client in different places.
Turning a targeted skill, such as Holy Arrow, into a "linear aoe" (I'm sorry, I don't really know how to call them) like Fire Demon, for example, requires you to:
a) include Holy Arrow among the skills that throw a linear projectile, and remove it from the list of targeted skills (there's one hardcoded skill ID group for each class, if I recall correctly);
b) add Holy Arrow among the skills that need linear projectile display (otherwise it would fire an invisible shot);
c) add Holy Arrow among the skills that need to have their projectile path dictate which mobs are going to be hit (otherwise it would behave like Dragon Roar, picking mobs "randomly" around you).

Ofcourse, apart from the client edits, you'll need to add the proper wz-side values for mobCount, lt and rb (and maybe one or two more that I can't remember at the moment).

Basically, you'd have to follow the route of another skill that works in that way, both wzside and clientside.
The main issue is that there's no "free room" in the client around those checks, so you would have to codecave it in.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies, I actually done a lot of skills.wz edits, a lot of skills that are single mob attack I can turn them into multiple mob attack. But some skills like Holy Arrow are different from Fire Demon as you said they are not linear projectile, this is what I'm trying to overcome and make. Just that I don't have the knowledge to do so and I'm good at skill.wz edits but not client edits. Need some guidance :(

As for Kimberly, a lot of skills works even if they does not include mobcount or lt and rb, but some just doesn't :( especially Archer class like Bowman and Crossbowman. Their skills are hard to change from single mob attack to multiple mob attack.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As Pip said, whether or not you can increase mobCount depends on the hardcoded skilltype in the client. If you want to modify that, you need to learn how to do client edits, which is a different ballpark entirely.

If what he said in his reply makes no sense to you, you’re honestly best off accepting that you won’t be able to modify the mobCount of those skills because I doubt there’s anyone here who is willing to take you hand-in-hand through the client editing, just for a skill edit.

Upvote 0
Back