Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Scrolling message bar with widescreen client

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

So after adding the widescreen client for v83 I noticed that the scrolling bar for server messages had a very wide gap in the far right which makes it look very ugly, so I've tried to search everywhere in the UI.wz for where it could be located so I could replace it with a longer bar but I haven't figured out where it's possible to edit it?

I've also searched other threads talking about that it apparently uses the same bar as the one in the chat box so I'm not sure how it would be possible to edit it if it were.

I'm wondering if anyone could help me with this, if you don't know what scrolling bar I'm talking about here's the image:

Thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's entirely client-sided, afaik there's nothing in the wz files that has to do with the SlideNotice.

These are client instructions corresponding to the notice's width:
0x7E16BE: the translucent black layer
0x7E1E07: the distance the text 'slides' before it wraps back around
Just change the 800 (0x320) to whatever your resolution is.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's entirely client-sided, afaik there's nothing in the wz files that has to do with the SlideNotice.

These are client instructions corresponding to the notice's width:
0x7E16BE: the translucent black layer
0x7E1E07: the distance the text 'slides' before it wraps back around
Just change the 800 (0x320) to whatever your resolution is.

I figured it might have to do more with client editing than WZ.

I've tried going to the address 0x7E16BE and tried messing with the address but it doesn't seem to be doing anything other than messing with the transparency? On the other hand the other address works great.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I figured it might have to do more with client editing than WZ.
I've tried going to the address 0x7E16BE and tried messing with the address but it doesn't seem to be doing anything other than messing with the transparency? On the other hand the other address works great.

I found it through changing any remaining PUSH 320's to PUSH 500's. I'll go dig up the address for it.

Of course, doing that resulted in some unwanted changes, but I found the address and just used the back-up. lol

002CE3AB -- Yellow login message / used in maps like LHC to notify players of Bonus EXP etc.etc.
(Doesn't really need to be changed, but you can moved it by changing PUSH 320 to whatever. Idk where the other coordinate is though, I stumbled upon this by accident and never cared to further explore.)
zOxrHW - Scrolling message bar with widescreen client - RaGEZONE Forums

003E15BE -- Scrolling banner length
(Change to PUSH 500 for 720p res.)
BIQW89w - Scrolling message bar with widescreen client - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found it through changing any remaining PUSH 320's to PUSH 500's. I'll go dig up the address for it.

Of course, doing that resulted in some unwanted changes, but I found the address and just used the back-up. lol

002CE3AB -- Yellow login message / used in maps like LHC to notify players of Bonus EXP etc.etc.
(Doesn't really need to be changed, but you can moved it by changing PUSH 320 to whatever. Idk where the other coordinate is though, I stumbled upon this by accident and never cared to further explore.)
zOxrHW - Scrolling message bar with widescreen client - RaGEZONE Forums

003E15BE -- Scrolling banner length
(Change to PUSH 500 for 720p res.)
BIQW89w - Scrolling message bar with widescreen client - RaGEZONE Forums

Thank you for your reply but I'm pretty sure those addresses aren't for olly but are offsets in HxD? Because I can't really find them using olly.

Attachments

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply but I'm pretty sure those addresses aren't for olly but are offsets in HxD? Because I can't really find them using olly.

Right click > Go to > Go to Executable and search for it there.

Sorry, it was the only thing I had saved. Lol.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
As a tip, if you have an address obtained in HxD you just need to add 0x00400000 to it, in order to obtain the address that you can seek in Olly.

So in your case, 0x002CE3AB = 0x006CE3AB, and 0x003E15BE = 0x007E15BE.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Right click > Go to > Go to Executable and search for it there.

Sorry, it was the only thing I had saved. Lol.

As a tip, if you have an address obtained in HxD you just need to add 0x00400000 to it, in order to obtain the address that you can seek in Olly.

So in your case, 0x002CE3AB = 0x006CE3AB, and 0x003E15BE = 0x007E15BE.

That did it, thank you all very much. Also thank you Pipotron on converting addresses tip. :)
iGLqKml - Scrolling message bar with widescreen client - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Here u are

Code:
pCWnd__CreateWnd hook = [](void* ecx, void* edx, int l, int t, int r, int b, int z, int bScreenCoord, void* pData, int bSetFocus) -> int {				// CSlideNotice::CSlideNotice | l: 0 t: 0 r: 800 b: 23 z: 10 coord: 1 focus: 1			if (r == 800 && b == 23 && z == 10) {				r = SCREEN_WIDTH;			}		return CWnd__CreateWnd(ecx, edx, l, t, r, b, z, bScreenCoord, pData, bSetFocus);	};

Upvote 0
Back