Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ [V83] - Can't get warping to custom portals to work.

bwo

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Update:
I've sort of been able to locate this to maps that contain other 'weird' types of portals, such as doors or town portals, and where the total amount of portals exceeds 10. For my project I can easily move around this, so I'll probably leave it at that unless something new pops up.

Another (additional) culprit seems to be the 'town' flag on maps, and because my server has had numerous other issues with that I'm solving it by moving it to another property that only the server knows about.

Summary:
- I got two maps and two portals warping to each others respectively, Map 1 with Portal A and Map 2 with Portal B.

- I can use Portal A to get to Map 2, and Portal B to get to Map 1.

- Map 2
only has 1 portal, so Portal A correctly takes me to Portal B.

- However, Map 1 has multiple more portals, and taking Portal B only takes me to a random spawnpoint/portal in Map 1.

- All of Map 1s previous portals works as intended. This problem seem to appear in all the maps I've tried.

Details:
I recently got into custom maps using HaCreator. I've gotten both edits of existing maps and completely custom maps working in-game, with a portal connecting one custom map with a new portal I placed in Amherst. The custom map only has one portal, and so warping me there automatically places me at the only correct portal there is. Warping back to Amherst, however, will not let me warp to the new portal I created either by normal portal warping, nor by manually forging warp packets to its index from my server. All others portals in Amherst still works as intended using either method.
Image showing my warp packages to the Amherst Department store portal (working) and my custom portal, respectively.

QUZPkj9 - [V83] - Can't get warping to custom portals to work. - RaGEZONE Forums

For reference, I looked at the Amherst dept. store portal, which I can correctly warp to either using its name ("in02") or its index (3)

oYAKzmG - [V83] - Can't get warping to custom portals to work. - RaGEZONE Forums

I adapted its settings to my new portal here (note that I moved the portal that's usually here to the east, as I intend to make the tree into an actual house. That portal still works as intended)

5XRNagJ - [V83] - Can't get warping to custom portals to work. - RaGEZONE Forums

I noticed that even though you specify target portals by name, warp packages actually reference them by their internal index (its name in the maps "portal" WzSub), this is typically a number. I looked at my warps in HaRepacker, and saw that my portal was named 13, hence appearing after a bunch of other portal types and spawnpoints. Suspecting the game might not like that, I swapped its name to 5 (making it now appear directly after all the "normal" portals in the map). This caused the game to ALWAYS put me in the default spawnpoint instead of a random one, but still won't ever put me by the actual portal.

Image showing my portal configuration after renaming my portal to 5.
HOSNm12 - [V83] - Can't get warping to custom portals to work. - RaGEZONE Forums

At this point, I'm all out of ideas. The same problem appears in any map where I add new portals, and I can't see any difference between normal house portals and how I configure mine, either in HaCreator or manually in HaRepacker.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back