Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ weird unicode characters when opening wz files in HaRepacker

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Whenever I open a v83 wz file in both HaRepacker 4.2.4 and HaRepacker Resurrected 2.9, I seem to be getting a jumbled mess.
5iT011r - weird unicode characters when opening wz files in HaRepacker - RaGEZONE Forums
The first thing I tried was using the different encryption settings of GMS(Old), and MSEA(Old), but no effect.

As such, I assumed I was just missing a required installation somewhere. I made sure I had .NET 4.5.1 installed as well as installing the latest version. No dice. Tried reinstalling C++ redis, same thing.

I also tried running it as an administrator and in compatibility for windows 7 mode (I'm on windows 10). Nothing worked.

I tried older versions of both HaRepackers but it didn't work. I've also tried to build it from source but I'm still getting the same error.
At this point I figured I just had a corrupted wz file, so I tried the wz files from this post here. Still the same result.

At this point I tried on a different machine and another VM for a clean install. Still the same thing in the image above.

Now I'm not sure if I'm even using the program properly. I watched a short tutorial video on youtube and saw them just open the wz files like I did but the only difference is that I get the image above.

I've googled for this but wasn't able to find much except a thread from 2012 with the same issue I had, but no solution. At this point I'm pulling my hairs out and I have no idea what to do. Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

EDIT: Out of curiosity, I tried double clicking directly on the wz files (As the file has been associated with HaRepacker) and you know what?
They work.
I literally have no idea what changed in the two hours of me making this post.
I'm so upset and angry that it just works now for literally no reason. But now at the very least, I'm able to edit the wz files. To anyone who is here from google or something, I'm really sorry I can't help you out and tell you exactly how to solve it.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
When double clicking the .wz files they open with the right encryptions (if they exist) if you want to do it manually you first select the right encryption and THEN open the .wz files, not the other way around.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
That definitely makes sense. I noticed that the encryption would switch when I opened the files. I did try to reload the files after switching encryptions but I suppose I didn't do it correctly or that doesn't work the way I thought it did. Thanks for the explanation!

Upvote 0
Back