Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Delia Bins on latest Korean client

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello all,

It has been quite a while but finally some actual progress on the 1.69 Delia bins. Not only would this bring Karok/Kai/Vella revamp but it would also bring a fix for a boat freezing issue that had plagued official for 10 months until it was eventually solved in the 1.67 Kai/Vella Revamp update. There are actually a larger set of issues than I originally thought.

Development Log:
  • Client crash on character selection [Resolved by Sagara]
    On EU 1.69 or TW Feb 2016 Delia client bins:
    If you try logging in to an existing account, or if you make a new account + character and later on go back to the character selection screen, the client will crash immediately.
  • Client hang on boat creation [Resolved]
    Starting with EU 1.65 bins, you cannot make boats as the client just hangs when trying to launch them.
  • Client Hang on Boat Departure [Resolved]
    Stuck when trying to start battle (Delia 1.69 Bins)
  • Unable to forfeit/leave battle even upon battle completion [Resolved]
    On Delia 1.69 bins, you cannot forfeit/leave battle or successfully return to town without going back to character select/restarting even after the boss is dead.
  • Newer Chat doesn't seem to completely work. Guild chat will work as well as Channel chat, System, whispers, etc. Party chat doesn't seem to work.

Delteros - Delia Bins on latest Korean client - RaGEZONE Forums

I will update the thread when more progress is made on development.

Sincerely,

Delteros

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Pretty interested in more technical details on what was causing the issues. I took a crack at this sometime back but didn't really make a ton of progress.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
A lot of the packets are different for this version. It's hard to figure them out as well since there are no pre-RISE 1.69+ official servers to go by as of 6 months ago.

I'm looking to see if I can find someone who can help decrypt the post-RISE packets so something like a RISE emulator could be built and people could play Miri, Teide Hurk, Blute Lynn, and Whip Arisha. 1.69 is getting pretty old at this point.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello all,

It has been quite a while but finally some actual progress on the 1.69 Delia bins. Not only would this bring Karok/Kai/Vella revamp but it would also bring a fix for a boat freezing issue that had plagued official for 10 months until it was eventually solved in the 1.67 Kai/Vella Revamp update. There are actually a larger set of issues than I originally thought.

Development Log:
  • Client crash on character selection [Resolved - fixed by my friend]
    On EU 1.69 or TW Feb 2016 Delia client bins:
    If you try logging in to an existing account, or if you make a new account + character and later on go back to the character selection screen, the client will crash immediately.
  • Client hang on boat creation [Resolved]
    Starting with EU 1.65 bins, you cannot make boats as the client just hangs when trying to launch them.
  • Client Hang on Boat Departure [Resolved]
    Stuck when trying to start battle (Delia 1.69 Bins)
  • Client crash when destroying a prop mid-battle [Resolved w/ temporary patch]
    On Delia client bins, if you destroy a prop during a battle, you will CTD. Rather heavily linked to ergs, disabling that and the huge lucky gold system and it shouldn't crash (temp solution).
  • Unable to forfeit/leave battle even upon battle completion [Resolved]
    On Delia 1.69 bins, you cannot forfeit/leave battle or successfully return to town without going back to character select/restarting even after the boss is dead.

Delteros - Delia Bins on latest Korean client - RaGEZONE Forums

I will update the thread when more progress is made on development.

Sincerely,

Delteros
Rise also has a few other issues such as not being able to open the inventory/view stuff equipped on your character but thats pretty minor in the grand scheme

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I appreciate it John

Regarding Inventory there would most likely be at least 2 issues depending on which bins are used

1 because of Abyssal Arena Update Inventory Favorites addition

1 because of Teide update Equipment Tab additions

and yes with RISE there could be some more

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of work, but your efforts are not unnoticed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's unnoticed because this game died

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
We can still keep development going. I've been trying to reach out to members outside of the Vindictus community who may be able to help.

My original plan was to work on getting newer bins working for these updates:
1.70 - Ein Lacher and Ancient Lakoria
1.71 - Golden Chieftain / Golden Coin Events
1.72 - Happy Halloween Update / Seal Shop Revamp
1.73 - Abyssal Arena / Material Synthesis
1.74 - Blight of the Unseen: Abomination
1.75 - Corruption of the Goddess: Neamhain
1.76 - Shining Keaghan/Shakarr Special Battle
1.77 - Alban Festival and Blood Lord/Ekinar Special Battle
1.78 - Ingkells/Kakrish Special Battle
1.79 - Call of the Goddess

However it's difficult since none of the official servers are at these versions. Furthermore, most of the battles can already be implemented, though not in its complete form without the proper client bins. At this point though it would probably make more sense to work on the latest bins and get more of the desirable features like Hurk 2nd Weapon Teide, Lynn 2nd Weapon Blute, Arisha 2nd Weapon Whip and the new Character Miri.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Amazing to see there's still people working on this, loved the game for what it used to be and now even tho the new content is somewhat attractive i just can't ignore the empty boards and ghost towns.
Very appreciated, hope to see good news in the future and thanks for everything

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
No problem. A lot of people have already given up so I'm hoping this will inspire some to continue working on this again.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It's unnoticed because this game died

I don't think you fully understood my comment-- My comment meant that the efforts are noticed by me.
Delteros, I've been working on a Vindictus fashion project for a few months and have heavy interest in this game, however I'm probably not skilled enough to update bins and get updated features working, but really it is appreciated.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is all this work being produced going public? where can I download these new files/ect that you've been working on

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm sure that there are still experienced reverse engineers in the community who could help with this. So even spreading the word around would go a long way.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'd love to help with this. Are you guys keeping some kind of log of how these issues are being resolved? I'd love to know the technical details.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Do you happen to have a lot of experience with IDA Pro/x64dbg/OllyDbg? If so then you would be able to help.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you happen to have a lot of experience with IDA Pro/x64dbg/OllyDbg? If so then you would be able to help.

Yep, x64dbg. I recently tried to use 1.69 bins myself, got past VindictusLauncher (since -stage doesn't work anymore) and replaced steam_api.dll to override the filesystem and load from /data. Character creation worked fine (the new screen is pretty cool) but got stuck on that character selection crash that you mentioned is resolved. I've also used dnSpy to edit server dlls, had to force it to send a hostname instead of my private LAN IP so friends could create boats and join channels on WAN.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yep, x64dbg. I recently tried to use 1.69 bins myself, got past VindictusLauncher (since -stage doesn't work anymore) and replaced steam_api.dll to override the filesystem and load from /data. Character creation worked fine (the new screen is pretty cool) but got stuck on that character selection crash that you mentioned is resolved. I've also used dnSpy to edit server dlls, had to force it to send a hostname instead of my private LAN IP so friends could create boats and join channels on WAN.
How did you manage to let friends create boats without crashing/making friends join a channel? I've set everything to WAN, they can login/create characters fine but not create boat/join channels. Does it actually require a hostname instead of IP?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
God, please let me pay tribute to your efforts. You are still working and have achieved remarkable results. A friend of mine told me that there was a private server updating a lot of new content. I could not believe it. Until I saw your post. Are you making changes on the previous EU1.69 server to make the new content work smoothly? Still got a newer version of the server? I always thought that unless there is a new server, there will be no new content in the version, but anyway, thank you for your efforts

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Your friend was probably talking about the server I run (Balor update was last week).
I have been updating portions of the server code (mainly FrontendService, LoginService, MicroPlayService, PlayerService, ServiceCore) to get the Delia bins working, and I am trying to work towards getting some of the latest client bins working (post-RISE).

Back