Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Vindictus Party Chat Fix

Reaction score
Hello All,
Sat on this one from when I ran a private server but here's how to fix party chat (If I remember correctly) You will need to again modify the ServiceCore.dll (Source is linked elsewhere)

Firstly you need to open the file PartyChatMessage.cs

Which will look like:

Code:
using System;

namespace ServiceCore.EndPointNetwork
{
    [Serializable]
    public sealed class PartyChatMessage : IMessage
    {
        public string SenderName { get; set; }

public string Message { get; set; }

public bool isFakeTownChat { get; set; }

public override string ToString()
        {
            return string.Format("PartyChatMessage[ sendername = {0} message = {1} ]", this.SenderName, this.Message);
        }
    }
}

And add another public string after Message and before the public bool isFakeTownChat

See below

Code:
using System;

namespace ServiceCore.EndPointNetwork
{
    [Serializable]
    public sealed class PartyChatMessage : IMessage
    {
        public string SenderName { get; set; }

public string Message { get; set; }

public string AddedCodeForChat { get; set; }

public bool isFakeTownChat { get; set; }

public override string ToString()
        {
            return string.Format("PartyChatMessage[ sendername = {0} message = {1} ]", this.SenderName, this.Message);
        }
    }
}

Reaction score
No problem, I've been looking into why FriendList doesn't work it appears the client sends the server a packet it doesn't understand. Need to figure out that before we can have a working friends list. I think for actual user/password based login it also requires NMSource to be modified and a API created to handle user logins for a more secure login. But I'm only working on this as and when I can.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I took it "ServiceCore.dll" and exported the project using JetBrains dotPeek .
I opened it in Visual Studio2019 (I tried it in VS2015), edited it and when I try to build it, a lot of errors fly out and as a result "ServiceCore.dll" not changed ...
Maybe there is some other way to change "ServiceCore.dll" or can someone post a modified one "ServiceCore.dll" ???
Thank you in advance!!!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you for your responsiveness ! Fixed the chat and the arena .. p. s. srcds.exe it is impossible to run on a virtual machine, so the arena does not work! I made a VM backup using Acronis , deployed this backup on my server and deleted everything related to VMwar from the registry , uploaded the client to the server and specified the path to srcds.exe in ServiceCore. dll. config.... <setting name= "DSExecPath" serializeAs= "String">
<value>C:\Development\vindictus\zh-tw-x-gm\client\srcds.exe</value>
</setting> .. I restarted and started the server and everything worked .. the chat was fixed by changing some of the client's files(the server was not touched)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Really, no one can fix the chat, the list of friends andit is desirable to post a ready-made solution in the form of a patch ? On the private server "Windictus" it seems that the list of friends also does not work ... :w00t:

Back