Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Iset - A Discord Administration tool for Vindictus Servers

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello all!
I'm Giga, the owner of the Vindictus Private Server, Blood Red Dawn. As a few of you may be aware, Delteros was once one of our developers (he's posted around the forums alot, and held the tag "Blood Red Dawn Developer"). He's since been demoted, however this idea was inspired by him. He created a bot called Regina so staff could do things in game, like spawn items, clear bugged soaps, check the online players, dye items, and (in his most latest revisions) also had the ability to pull and compile a heroesContents.db3 from a git server and restart the Vindictus server without user interaction. This bot is a ground up replacement for Regina. Why not just re-use his old bot? Or release that bot instead? Because they day of his demotion he felt that his version of the bot was making staff lazy, so he deleted all traces of it off my servers (shortly before deleting the servers themselves too).

What is Iset?
Iset is a Discord Bot written in c# with Discord.Net that allows administration of Vindictus Servers (in theory this bot could work for nexon too, dunno, I don't know anyone there, let alone one who would let me test this on current server releases).

Q: What can she do currently?

• Ban
  • Unban
  • Check if a user is banned
  • Show online count (with or without listing usernames)
  • Clear broken Soaps
  • Reset 2ndary passwords of an account
  • Find all character names linked to the same id as a specific character (ex: my main on BRD is Cloud, and it will list all my alts on the same account).
  • Tell you the UID and Username of an account related to the specified character.
  • Delete or Restore a character (based on Status column in CharacterInfo)
  • Spawn items in game (goes to character's mailbox)
  • Give AP to a character (adds to current AP char has)
  • Set character level
  • Permissions update on the fly (no need to restart the bot to remove a perm)
  • SQL Connections are set in a config (so they can be changed whenever, and _also_ update on the fly)

Q: What will I be adding in the future?
  • Restore gear destroyed by enhancing or enchanting (even if permaboomed)
  • List item codes for spawning
  • List gear equipped to a specific character
  • Dye Items (even undyeable ones like elchy wings)
  • Transfer items from one character to another
  • Stop/Restart server without needing HeroesOPTool
  • More to come when i get that all done

Q: Will you be adding the deploy feature that Delteros' bot had?
A: Possibly, however that's not a feature that my server is in direct need of, so it will likely be in a much later build

Here's an example of the configuration (its an image because the codeblocks broke formatting and i couldn't upload the ini itself)
configexample - Iset - A Discord Administration tool for Vindictus Servers - RaGEZONE Forums

Q: What do those things do?
A:

• Allowed Groups is a comma seperated list of discord group id's who can use Iset. If the group isn't listed there, then the user gets told they have no permissions
  • permissions, these are the ids that can access the bot, on new lines. Here you can define what parts of the bot each group can use. The top example has all the current permissions for all commands
  • mssql section - this is so the bot can connect to your mssql instance to do most of these cool things (like finding online players, banning players, spawning items, etc).
  • More groups will be added as functionality is added (such as the ability to restart the server without needing heroesOPTool)

Q: Will Iset be Open Source?
A: Yes, actually! Iset is licensed under the MIT License (meaning you can do anything you want with my code as long as you provide attribution back to me and don’t hold me liable)
You can find her on github here:

Commands:

• !ban <character or username> [reason]
  • !unban <character or username>
  • !checkban <character or username>
  • !soaps
  • !reset2ndary <character or username>
  • !online [all]
  • !banlist
  • !findalts <character>
  • !getaccountid <character>
  • !getloginuser <character or username>

Command Syntax: <this is a required paramater> [this is an optional paramater]
Permissions are the same as the command names (so for a user to use !online, they need to have online set in the usergroup perms)

That's about all I can think of at the moment to add to this post. If you have any questions I haven't covered, feel free to ask!
-Giga

** A Quick Edit **
One of our current dev's suggested that I point out, this is not Delteros' code. I am building this bot from scratch to be far less buggy than Regina ever was, and more configurable for use on other servers.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bot has been updated (a few times)
Changes:

• Added the ability to delete and restore characters (based on Status column in CharacterInfo)
  • Added setlevel (usage: setlevel <charactername> <new level>)
  • Added giveap (usage: giveap <character> <ap to give>)
  • Added item spawning (usage: spawnitem <username> [quantity] <itemcode>)
  • Fixed Delete and Restore character functions to add and remove the delete timestamp (respectively).
  • PrefixChar, HelpMode and AllowMentionPrefix settings can now be configured in the config.ini

Pre-built binaries can be downloaded from the releases page on Github

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello all!
I'm Giga, the owner of the Vindictus Private Server, Blood Red Dawn. As a few of you may be aware, Delteros was once one of our developers (he's posted around the forums alot, and held the tag "Blood Red Dawn Developer"). He's since been demoted, however this idea was inspired by him. He created a bot called Regina so staff could do things in game, like spawn items, clear bugged soaps, check the online players, dye items, and (in his most latest revisions) also had the ability to pull and compile a heroesContents.db3 from a git server and restart the Vindictus server without user interaction. This bot is a ground up replacement for Regina. Why not just re-use his old bot? Or release that bot instead? Because they day of his demotion he felt that his version of the bot was making staff lazy, so he deleted all traces of it off my servers (shortly before deleting the servers themselves too).

What is Iset?
Iset is a Discord Bot written in c# with Discord.Net that allows administration of Vindictus Servers (in theory this bot could work for nexon too, dunno, I don't know anyone there, let alone one who would let me test this on current server releases).

Q: What can she do currently?

• Ban
  • Unban
  • Check if a user is banned
  • Show online count (with or without listing usernames)
  • Clear broken Soaps
  • Reset 2ndary passwords of an account
  • Find all character names linked to the same id as a specific character (ex: my main on BRD is Cloud, and it will list all my alts on the same account).
  • Tell you the UID and Username of an account related to the specified character.
  • Delete or Restore a character (based on Status column in CharacterInfo)
  • Spawn items in game (goes to character's mailbox)
  • Give AP to a character (adds to current AP char has)
  • Set character level
  • Permissions update on the fly (no need to restart the bot to remove a perm)
  • SQL Connections are set in a config (so they can be changed whenever, and _also_ update on the fly)

Q: What will I be adding in the future?
  • Restore gear destroyed by enhancing or enchanting (even if permaboomed)
  • List item codes for spawning
  • List gear equipped to a specific character
  • Dye Items (even undyeable ones like elchy wings)
  • Transfer items from one character to another
  • Stop/Restart server without needing HeroesOPTool
  • More to come when i get that all done

Q: Will you be adding the deploy feature that Delteros' bot had?
A: Possibly, however that's not a feature that my server is in direct need of, so it will likely be in a much later build

Here's an example of the configuration (its an image because the codeblocks broke formatting and i couldn't upload the ini itself)
View attachment 160764

Q: What do those things do?
A:

• Allowed Groups is a comma seperated list of discord group id's who can use Iset. If the group isn't listed there, then the user gets told they have no permissions
  • permissions, these are the ids that can access the bot, on new lines. Here you can define what parts of the bot each group can use. The top example has all the current permissions for all commands
  • mssql section - this is so the bot can connect to your mssql instance to do most of these cool things (like finding online players, banning players, spawning items, etc).
  • More groups will be added as functionality is added (such as the ability to restart the server without needing heroesOPTool)

Q: Will Iset be Open Source?
A: Yes, actually! Iset is licensed under the MIT License (meaning you can do anything you want with my code as long as you provide attribution back to me and don’t hold me liable)
You can find her on github here:

Commands:

• !ban <character or username> [reason]
  • !unban <character or username>
  • !checkban <character or username>
  • !soaps
  • !reset2ndary <character or username>
  • !online [all]
  • !banlist
  • !findalts <character>
  • !getaccountid <character>
  • !getloginuser <character or username>

Command Syntax: <this is a required paramater> [this is an optional paramater]
Permissions are the same as the command names (so for a user to use !online, they need to have online set in the usergroup perms)

That's about all I can think of at the moment to add to this post. If you have any questions I haven't covered, feel free to ask!
-Giga

** A Quick Edit **
One of our current dev's suggested that I point out, this is not Delteros' code. I am building this bot from scratch to be far less buggy than Regina ever was, and more configurable for use on other servers.

So low

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bot has been updated to 1.10!
Changes:

• Cleaned up Source

• Moved all functions to individual class files
    • Moved command parsing to its own functions
  • Rewrote the permissions system. Permissions are now defined per-user (it broke when I changed how commands were parsed).
  • Edited inifile to increase the max characters loaded into a string from the ini file (was running out of characters for extra commands)
  • Added the ability to announce to a channel when soaps have been fixed
  • Fixed a bug in soaps command, was using the wrong table
  • Started work on lastactive command. Unsure if this will end as a command or not
  • Started a validation class, will be used to link and lock commands to a specific account (to prevent people Ducking with other users they shouldnt be)
  • Added the ability to change guild name/delete guild/restore guild
  • Removed the "WhoAmI" command for now (was buggy af, needs to be rewritten)
  • Added "RGB" command (written by a staff member)
  • Added "About" command (because whynot)
  • Added "restoreweapon" command - will search ItemLedger01 and ItemLedger02 for a destroyed weapon based on a given set of variables - usage: !restoreweapon
  • Added maxitemrestoresperaccount=1 to config.

Pre-built binaries can be downloaded from the releases page on Github

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's an exe you download, first run will generate a "config.ini" in the same directory, where you setup the bot settings (like mssql db connection, bot token, etc)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A typical renamed version of Every other discord bot.. totally helping the vindictus community for sure...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A typical renamed version of Every other discord bot.. totally helping the vindictus community for sure...

Actually this one has been built to help administrate and moderate servers. As a user myself I can vouch for that. I'm unsure of what other servers use but this one is purely for Vindictus

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Who has been getting information on the server's items? Who knows what's the problem

Back