Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Kai fix for EU Client v1.69

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This fix puts Kai back in his working prevamp state and should be used if you are using the 1.69 client but with bins lower than 1.67. It comes with many revamp changes stacked on top, wherever possible, in addition to a few tweaks to make him better than his prevamp form.

Kai (Crossgun)
  • SP cost of Bolt Storm reduced to 750 (down from 1,000)
  • SP cost for Massive Impact reduced to 750 (down from 1,250)
  • SP cost of Perforate reduced to 250 (down from 500)
  • Bolt Storm cooldown decreased to 50s
  • Perforate cooldown decreased to 10s (down from 15s)
  • Perforate now scalable with attack speed
  • Decreased Delay on Six Shooter
  • Load in animation for Six Shooter & Perforate now scalable with attack speed
  • Enabled Headshots for Insight, Bolt Storm, Armed & Dangerous
  • Decreased Aggro on Perforate
  • Added Explosive Bolts to Perforate
  • Damage Increased for Six Shooter, Hollow Shot, and Bolt Storm

Kai (Bow)
  • Magnum SP Cost reduced to 100 (down from 250)
  • Gale Kick SP Cost removed
  • Bow dodge now scalable with attack speed
  • Added Radius Damage to Arrow Storm
  • Arrow Storm cooldown increased to 40s
  • Arrow Storm SP cost increased to 500 (up from 300)
  • Added Twister Kick to Longbow Mode
  • Magnum no longer drains Stamina when holding a max-charge attack
  • Damage Increased for Magnum

Note: It might be possible to leave some of the faster revamped skills in and mix it with the prevamp ones, but only if you are able to recompile the battle motions.
pc_kay_battle_Motion.mdl had some significant changes from 1.65 to 1.69, besides the newer skills most of the motion files have been improved and fps has increased dramatically.

Motion files found only in 1.69:
after_beestinger_magnum1.smd
after_beestinger_magnum2.smd
after_beestinger_magnum3.smd
aim_mode_shoot_magnum_3_bending_shot_begin.smd
aim_mode_shoot_magnum_3_bending_shot_end.smd
avoid_beestinger.smd
base_attack_cancel_to_charge.smd
bead_upper_idle.smd
bending_shot_aim_end_longbow.smd
buckshot_aim_end_longbow.smd
crossgun_bomb_strengthen.smd
crossgun_hollow_shot_2.smd
crossgun_piercing_end_strength.smd
crossgun_skilldial_02_quick.smd
dash_avoid_N_charge.smd
dash_avoid_N_charge_size.smd
fast_buckshot.smd
fast_buckshot_bending_shot_begin.smd
fast_buckshot_bending_shot_end.smd
fast_buckshot_longbow.smd
fatal_arrow_aim_begin.smd
fatal_arrow_aim_during.smd
fatal_arrow_aim_fire_01.smd
fatal_arrow_aim_fire_02.smd
fatal_arrow_success.smd
fatal_arrow_success_stand.smd
longbow_avoid_upper.smd
longbow_fast_pulling_E.smd
longbow_fast_pulling_N.smd
longbow_fast_pulling_NE.smd
longbow_fast_pulling_NW.smd
longbow_fast_pulling_S.smd
longbow_fast_pulling_SE.smd
longbow_fast_pulling_SW.smd
longbow_fast_pulling_W.smd
size_avoid_after_standing_shot_begin.smd
SP_bunker_buster_success.smd
SP_bunker_buster_trial.smd
spskill_upper_idle.smd
spskill_upper_walk.smd
stand_attack_crossgun_idle.smd

Files no longer in 1.69:
attack_crossgun_blank_E.smd
attack_crossgun_blank_N.smd
attack_crossgun_blank_NE.smd
attack_crossgun_blank_NW.smd
attack_crossgun_blank_S.smd
attack_crossgun_blank_SE.smd
attack_crossgun_blank_SS.smd
attack_crossgun_blank_SW.smd
attack_crossgun_blank_W.smd
attack_crossgun_standby_idle.smd
attack_crossgun_standby_walk.smd
bypassing_standing_crossgun_shot.smd
crossgun_beadbomb_stand.smd
crossgun_counter_parry_attack.smd
crossgun_counter_parry_begin.smd
crossgun_counter_parry_during.smd
crossgun_counter_parry_end.smd
crossgun_counter_parry_guard.smd
crossgun_counter_parry_shot.smd
crossgun_reload.smd
I've tried compiling my own pc_kay_battle_Motion.mdl with the old 1.65 files but it does not fully compile without errors.

In order to deal with the issue of slower animations, I made level 80 and level 90 Quivers as an auxiliary slot item, which greatly increases the player's attack speed. If anyone is interested, I can add those as well.

Download:

This is to be used alongside vinplayer's winnsi.dll (http://forum.ragezone.com/f944/release-gsl-clone-modding-restrictions-1127980/), just place the data folder into your game folder and you should be good to go.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice release, Bout time something was given to the community.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Has anyone else had any issues with delays using abilities for the Crossgun? When using Hollow Shot there's a delay of 3-5 seconds where you can move but not attack and then the attack will start on its own. So you click the ability and move around for a few seconds until it finally fires off.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Delteros hello, i'm having some problems i need your help, i try to replace Lynn's dance moves and some other actions into arisha town action, i did not make any changes to .smd files i just modified them The name, I use GUIStudioMDL to compile them back to MDL found. Mdl file size is very small, I found that the use of GUIStudioMDL compiled. Skd bone will be lost very much!
I need your help,thank :)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Delteros hello, i'm having some problems i need your help, i try to replace Lynn's dance moves and some other actions into arisha town action, i did not make any changes to .smd files i just modified them The name, I use GUIStudioMDL to compile them back to MDL found. Mdl file size is very small, I found that the use of GUIStudioMDL compiled. Skd bone will be lost very much!
I need your help,thank :)

There is a lack of appropriate tools for it, though I think the latest Crowbar version can do a better job than mdldecompiler + GUIStudioMDL. Have you used it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There is a lack of appropriate tools for it, though I think the latest Crowbar version can do a better job than mdldecompiler + GUIStudioMDL. Have you used it?
No, the tools I use and the tutorials are very old, and even I have to refer to some of the tutorials in CS, but I do not have any help, I also try from Search, but also the same, may I ask you to provide you with the tools or links, if there are some tutorial that would be better, thank you :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
No, the tools I use and the tutorials are very old, and even I have to refer to some of the tutorials in CS, but I do not have any help, I also try from Search, but also the same, may I ask you to provide you with the tools or links, if there are some tutorial that would be better, thank you :)

There's a whole community here:

Download link for Crowbar here:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Or not, I use Crowbar decompile the .mdl file, I got the .smd file and the QC file, the QC file is much more detailed than the QC file obtained with the mdldecompiler, but the .smd file seems to have some problems, size, number, than mdldecompiler To the small, or even use 3dmax can not openI also tried to compile the QC file using Crowbar, but as many errors as

"unknown weightlist 'weights_body_rot_z'" \ unknown weightlist 'weights_body_rot_y'

"unknown bone reference 'ValveBiped.Bip01_L_Finger0' in weightlist 'weights_social_eat_Rhand'"

MuchDid
you encounter problems in decompilation and compilation?I wanna get your help :)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
That's pretty unfortunate - Crowbar seems to work fine with the other models (not town motions/battle motions).

I think a custom studiomdl.exe build could do the trick but that would take a lot of time to make

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's pretty unfortunate - Crowbar seems to work fine with the other models (not town motions/battle motions).

I think a custom studiomdl.exe build could do the trick but that would take a lot of time to make

At first I compiled the mdl file does not work, I thought it was my way out of the error, until I uploaded from the KAI repair file to see the .mdl file, I thought you have new tools or methods to compile. The mdl file works fineBut now it seems that the problem is studiomdl.exe?But in any case, I thank you for your help and answers, thanks :D

Back