Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Alternative HFS extractor

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is an alternative HFS extractor.
What distinguishes this from VZipFlip, it is that this one is designed to extract the whole HFS folder preserving game paths, which is the main point behind the program.

Usage is simple. You select the vindictus "hfs" folder in one of the text fields, and the output folder (you probably want to select an empty newly created folder there) in the other text field, and press extract.

The program is slow because it has to do a first pass to "crack" the paths. This is because of the exotic way in which paths are stored in vindicuts, with a SHA1 involved -hfs file name is sha1 of the encoded path they belong-, which is an irreversible operation (you can translate path to sha1, but not sha1 to path, except by cracking).

It will fail to find the paths of around 5 hfs files (in 1.65 and also in latest NA/EU/AU official client). Those will be stored in a folder called "PATH_NOT_FOUND".

This thing is designed only to extract the whole hfs folder at once. It wouldn't make sense to use it to extract a single hfs (use vzipflip for that).

Link ->

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is pure brilliance.

Also for those concerned:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This tool is amazing, it helped me out with my missing materials/effects for the Dullahan map and boss. Neamhain start screen also works properly now.
Before:
TDixrbB - [Release] Alternative HFS extractor - RaGEZONE Forums

After:
jEjt7TR - [Release] Alternative HFS extractor - RaGEZONE Forums

Start screen:
vinplayer - [Release] Alternative HFS extractor - RaGEZONE Forums

By the way, there's a 6th path not found, for 0A646393F0318DFF7098C58C7C561D8D3DE1D00D.hfs in the KR client. Nothing major though, it only contains a few effects - ice_head_a_break.efx, ice_head_a_break2.efx, and ice_head_b_break.efx

The actual path for these is:
"effects/etc/ice_head_a_break.efx"
"effects/etc/ice_head_a_break2.efx"
"effects/etc/ice_head_b_break.efx"

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
By the way, there's a 6th path not found, for 0A646393F0318DFF7098C58C7C561D8D3DE1D00D.hfs in the KR client. Nothing major though, it only contains a few effects - ice_head_a_break.efx, ice_head_a_break2.efx, and ice_head_b_break.efx

The actual path for these is:
"effects/etc/ice_head_a_break.efx"
"effects/etc/ice_head_a_break2.efx"
"effects/etc/ice_head_b_break.efx"

I can confirm the paths. SHA1 of "EfFeCtS@EtC.0" (without quotes) is indeed 0A646393F0318DFF7098C58C7C561D8D3DE1D00D.

The algorithms of the program couldn't find it referenced in other hfs files, maybe it is directly referenced by the dlls. Anyway, I will add it to the static table for the next version.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Delteros how do you add neamhain start screen? I tried replacing all game_start and background01 folders with neamhain bsp but the winter screen still shows.

Btw very good tool, it's much better than hfs extractor.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Delteros how do you add neamhain start screen? I tried replacing all game_start and background01 folders with neamhain bsp but the winter screen still shows.

Btw very good tool, it's much better than hfs extractor.

Try game_start, game_start_vin, and/or s3_game_start

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
So actually with this tool and unlocked GSL I can up to date 1.65 client to current content from official Vindictus ? Mean add models etc dungeons ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So actually with this tool and unlocked GSL I can up to date 1.65 client to current content from official Vindictus ? Mean add models etc dungeons ?
You can easily add new items without doing anything by hand. I updated my 1.64 client to include all equips & outfitters from 1.69.

1. Put only the new files from updated client into data folder (I did this by using robocopy and changing my computer's time)
2. Replace old player_costume.txt & heroes_text_english.txt
3. Use Navicat to data transfer some of the tables from the new client's heroes.db3 to your current client & server dbs (You can straight-out replace the client one if you disable the new UI stuff in FeatureMatrix. Some tables will break stuff if updated, like StatusEffectGroupInfo.)

And done. You can probably do a lot more, but dungeons will definitely need manual work done since client DBs don't include drop rates and such.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
To load winnsi.dll I have to use injector or there is other way to load it with client start ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To load winnsi.dll I have to use injector or there is other way to load it with client start ?

It should load automatically, just like the original GSL... Unless things are different for Win 8/10...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It should load automatically, just like the original GSL... Unless things are different for Win 8/10...
Just drop it to the folder where are all dll's right ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would like to clarify something about bsp paths.
The true paths of .bsp are those that this program outputs. For example, the path of 01c.bsp is "maps/01c/01c.bsp".

However, the game code requests bsp like this: "maps/01c.bsp". This is because "that function" in filesystem_stdio has exceptional code for this case: when a path starts by "maps" and ends with ".bsp", the function will redirect the path like this "maps/" + base name + "/" + base name + ".bsp" to find the real path ("maps/01c/01c.bsp")

But when using the gsl clone, since it prepends "data/" to the path, it destroys this weird logic of the game. Therefore, when using gsl clone, you must always use the fake path for maps, this is, "maps/01c.bsp", etc.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I actually used the correct folders, and seems that the dll doesn't load the maps. I tried with colhen map too with no luck. The rest of the files are replaced, including unusual ones like .fig and .txt, but the .bsp files are completely ignored.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I still do not get it

You need to use data/maps folder

I actually used the correct folders, and seems that the dll doesn't load the maps. I tried with colhen map too with no luck. The rest of the files are replaced, including unusual ones like .fig and .txt, but the .bsp files are completely ignored.

You need to take the .bsp's out of the separate folders then place it straight into data/maps
This post here explains everything:
I would like to clarify something about bsp paths.
The true paths of .bsp are those that this program outputs. For example, the path of 01c.bsp is "maps/01c/01c.bsp".

However, the game code requests bsp like this: "maps/01c.bsp". This is because "that function" in filesystem_stdio has exceptional code for this case: when a path starts by "maps" and ends with ".bsp", the function will redirect the path like this "maps/" + base name + "/" + base name + ".bsp" to find the real path ("maps/01c/01c.bsp")

But when using the gsl clone, since it prepends "data/" to the path, it destroys this weird logic of the game. Therefore, when using gsl clone, you must always use the fake path for maps, this is, "maps/01c.bsp", etc.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I put the GSL Clone and it still does not work for me what am I doing wrong?

Back