Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Vindictus Server VMWare Image for EU Client 1.69.

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It only depends what do you want to accomplish... if you want a dedicated server you need vsphere for vmware image, if you want to play only occassional, you just need a simple workstation.... for testing i recommending a simple workstation...

Differences:

Vsphere/esxi = Automated, 0-24 server. It behaves as a real server you can use multiple vmware images at a time it is a separate OS.(ALSO IT NEEDS AT LEAST ONE GIGABIT CAPABLE ETHERNET card or it WONT work at all...)

Workstation/Player = if you want only play sometimes, but not always... you fire up the image only when you want to play alone or with friends in lan... it mostly runs on windows... thats all...

But i belive you should stick to the workstation in your method...

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It only depends what do you want to accomplish... if you want a dedicated server you need vsphere for vmware image, if you want to play only occassional, you just need a simple workstation.... for testing i recommending a simple workstation...

Differences:

Vsphere/esxi = Automated, 0-24 server. It behaves as a real server you can use multiple vmware images at a time it is a separate OS.(ALSO IT NEEDS AT LEAST ONE GIGABIT CAPABLE ETHERNET card or it WONT work at all...)

Workstation/Player = if you want only play sometimes, but not always... you fire up the image only when you want to play alone or with friends in lan... it mostly runs on windows... thats all...

But i belive you should stick to the workstation in your method...

Workstation/Player But I have problems with the proxifier that does not let me connect with the VMware and open the ports of my router 1080 and configure everything well still does not let me connect not because
ylwong - Vindictus Server VMWare Image for EU Client 1.69. - RaGEZONE Forums

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Have you opened the ports inside the windows server 2008 firewall too?(Check it in the vmware image) also enable udp too in the router (i dunno if this needs udp or tcp the setting is in the proxyfier check that one too)

also if i see correct, the IP of the server ends with x.x.x.40... at the green line in the log. that is... a correct address?! you will need to setup the vmware image and the server itself to match the address what is in the tutorial part at the top at the post... make sure thet the server is binded to 192.168.0.200... if not, then that is your problem...

Check in the server's command line(WIN+R -> type cmd, enter, then ):

ipconfig /all

and check out what is the ipv4 adress of your vmware image...

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Have you opened the ports inside the windows server 2008 firewall too?(Check it in the vmware image) also enable udp too in the router (i dunno if this needs udp or tcp the setting is in the proxyfier check that one too)

also if i see correct, the IP of the server ends with x.x.x.40... at the green line in the log. that is... a correct address?! you will need to setup the vmware image and the server itself to match the address what is in the tutorial part at the top at the post... make sure thet the server is binded to 192.168.0.200... if not, then that is your problem...

Check in the server's command line(WIN+R -> type cmd, enter, then ):

ipconfig /all

and check out what is the ipv4 adress of your vmware image...

ylwong - Vindictus Server VMWare Image for EU Client 1.69. - RaGEZONE Forums
Is that correct?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is exactly the problem I'm experiencing. All the ports are set, the ip addresses too (for LAN play) and I've even made sure the host is able to connect to 127.0.0.1/endpoint.txt

I'm starting to think it's something to do with the way we setup the client.
I'll post any progress I make here with this problem.

After reinstalling the 1.69 client, the issue still persists.
It's very unusual because there is a significant 'hang' after you click start like the client is doing something.

if you attempt to enter any details in and hit login, you trigger a second 'hang'

Very frustrating. I have attempted to disable the firewall but it makes no difference.
Why would the host machine be able to connect to the webserver through a browser, but not through the client?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is exactly the problem I'm experiencing. All the ports are set, the ip addresses too (for LAN play) and I've even made sure the host is able to connect to 127.0.0.1/endpoint.txt

I'm starting to think it's something to do with the way we setup the client.
I'll post any progress I make here with this problem.

After reinstalling the 1.69 client, the issue still persists.
It's very unusual because there is a significant 'hang' after you click start like the client is doing something.

if you attempt to enter any details in and hit login, you trigger a second 'hang'

Very frustrating. I have attempted to disable the firewall but it makes no difference.
Why would the host machine be able to connect to the webserver through a browser, but not through the client?
The problem is in C: \ Server \ zh-tw-x-gm \ Bin heroesContents and in the client aql heroes has the ip of 192.168.0.200 you have to change it and put your local but when I edit it with SQLITE it does not open I think that's it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you ylwong, I'm downloading the files from the mega link you posted here and I already have en-EU.rar, mod db.rar, and normal db.rar. However, whenever I try to download the rest (VinServer.part01.rar, VinServer.part02.rar and VinServer.part03.rar), an error message appears, something about exceeding the bandwidth limit. (since then, I've downloaded other things from mega and it seems to work fine, it's only those 3 files that I can't download and that message appears). Do you or anyone else know what can I do to solve this?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Thank you ylwong, I'm downloading the files from the mega link you posted here and I already have en-EU.rar, mod db.rar, and normal db.rar. However, whenever I try to download the rest (VinServer.part01.rar, VinServer.part02.rar and VinServer.part03.rar), an error message appears, something about exceeding the bandwidth limit. (since then, I've downloaded other things from mega and it seems to work fine, it's only those 3 files that I can't download and that message appears). Do you or anyone else know what can I do to solve this?

Try using a download manager like JDownloader

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Try using a download manager like JDownloader

I've already tried using JDownloader and Megauploader, but I still get the same kind of error message. Maybe it is related to the size of the files?? I can download files from mega that are of 1,2 gb or less without any problems.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, has someone have this image file on google drive cause Mega download limits and offline chrome storage is ridiculous.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello, has someone have this image file on google drive cause Mega download limits and offline chrome storage is ridiculous.

Here you go:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi

Apart from the references in heroes db3 and heroes content db3 where else would the ip address need changed? I am stuck like a few others with no server in the list. Thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi

Apart from the references in heroes db3 and heroes content db3 where else would the ip address need changed? I am stuck like a few others with no server in the list. Thanks
I have the same problem, I have found to change ips to heroContents.db3 cant find heros.db3 - have changed ips at every endpoint ips. and when i launch a game it says server response delay. I think i have missed some ips. I can ping from Virtual machine to mine and vica versa.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Check the contents of your EndPoint.txt in the xampp htdocs folder, and make sure its pointing to the right IPv4 address

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok i got this to work and can get inside server and character creation - just last problem. At character creation screen i cant seem to find where i input character name, clicked everywhere at each tab. couldnt find it.

everything seems to work fine but, cant finish first quest for lann. I keep completing mercenaries training site. And it does not flag i have finished quest. any idea why?

I Change heroesdb and contentdb - now quests seems to work.

Last edited:
Back