Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tut] Fixing Common Errors

Reaction score
Hi i just wanted to create a topic for the most common errors and how to fix them because i see a lot of help threads and replies all over the place regarding these errors.

Channel too crowded/New Channel Error:
if you are getting this error it is because you edited your database connection string, your database information must remain as 127.0.0.1,1433

RCClient/RCServer installation error:
To install these services you must manually install them yourself the .bat file to install them will not work. Take a look at this image and follow the steps to install these services

Untitled-2 - [Tut] Fixing Common Errors - RaGEZONE Forums

1) Run CMD as Admin
2) Execute the code below

Code:
cd c:\vindictus\server\RCClient
RCClientService.exe -install
NET START "Remote Control Client Service"

cd c:\vindictus\server\RCServer
RCServerService.exe -install
NET START "Remote Control Server Service"

HeroesOpTool can't login using root/root:
HeroesOpTool will not run/allow you to login without RCClient/RCServer services installed, install them first then you can continue.

HeroesOpTool services stuck on booting:
There are many reasons as to why this can be happening it can be a SQL server setup error or a simple config file.

1)SQL Server
Make sure your SQL servers are configured to run on TCP/IP Port 1433
SanGawku has images on how to do this here http://forum.ragezone.com/f945/tutorial-mabinogi-heroes-setup-1107562/

2)SQL Server Instance set-up
When installing and setting up the sql express service make sure you are prompted with an installation and set-up the instance name/login information if not you have to uninstall sql and reinstall it because the server files will not work with an sql instance without a password set-up

3)Config files
double check your .config/.xml files there may be some incorrect information that may stop the services from running.

Client Maintenance/Can't login:
As far as i know there are 4 possible reasons for this

1) thanks to bthppong he figured out that Apple's service running in the background actually interrupts the login of the vindictus client you must run Task Manager and under services tab stop the apple service as seen in the image below

gotin - [Tut] Fixing Common Errors - RaGEZONE Forums

2) The 2nd possible solution is the web server the client will not connect to your server if you do not have a web server running either using wamp/xampp or IIS drag the web folder to the root directory so the client can grab the endpoint.txt and connect.

3) Your Firewall may be blocking some programs from communicating. Disable firewall to see if that is the issue if you disabled and it does turn out to be the firewall just turn it back on and set it up to allow all the server .exe files through.

4) Hosts file, you must edit your host file located at "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" right-click it and open with notepad and make sure it looks like this

Code:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
#    127.0.0.1       localhost
#    ::1             localhost
127.0.0.1 mhtwcheck.garenanow.com
127.0.0.1 hereospatch-gm.nexon.com
127.0.0.1 heroespatch-gm.nexon.com
127.0.0.1 shop.heroes.garena.tw
127.0.0.1 service.garena.tw
127.0.0.1 heroes.garena.tw
127.0.0.1 image.garena.tw
127.0.0.1 gamelog.heroes.nexon.com

Client No server listed:
if you do not see any server listed on the login menu then either your web server is not running or you forgot to place EndPoint.txt on the web server.

I just want to say thanks to
bthppong - Figuring out that Apple's services preventing the login which solved my login issue
SanGawku - For the perfect guide for setting up and running the server the images was a +

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
When i'm trying to create a character on the character customization i'm getting this

How to fix this? says errorcode 0xEF01

Aznkidd235 - [Tut] Fixing Common Errors - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
When i'm trying to create a character on the character customization i'm getting this

How to fix this? says errorcode 0xEF01

Aznkidd235 - [Tut] Fixing Common Errors - RaGEZONE Forums

I have no idea what that error message is saying, download this english patch from Ayakura and try it again so i have a better understanding of what is going on.

English patch:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f945/tutorial-mabinogi-heroes-setup-1107562-post8660241/#post8660241

How to:
Download and extract the Resource folder to the root of the Client folder ex: MHTW/Resource

Reaction score
thanks for the translation. I have not tried to create that class yet so i don't know if we would be getting the same error, i did notice however that in another topic you mentioned that you get the same error trying to create a Lan class which i do not have that error. My first question to you is are you using the same client from SanGawku's tutorial because i have seen a few different client's up for download. Have you done any type of modifications to the client or server such as localhost/127.0.0.1 configurations. I do notice in the image that PVPService is on booting which may or may not be the cause of the error.

I cannot really give you an answer right now as i do not have access to my computer with the files but hopefully within a few hours i can look into it more and give you an answer.

Reaction score
I think most likely one of the reasons why he can't create the archer is because he is either using a different client or set-up the server incorrectly because as you can see in the image he provided PVPService is not running.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
no matter how many times I try to login, it says under maintenance, is there another way to register or to enter?

Reaction score
no matter how many times I try to login, it says under maintenance, is there another way to register or to enter?

The first time you try to login you should get the maintenance error unless you are using the new startup command release by SanGawku. If you are getting that error multiple times there are 2 possible reasons.

1) You have a program blocking communication which i had check task manager under the services tab for Apple's software it uses one of the ports required if not download and run TCPViewer and find any programs running on port 27015.

2) Your firewall is blocking communication disable it, if it works then setup all .exe files for communication through firewall.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am still unable to find the For the Horde server in my server list, unless it's supposed to be the Live server that's currently listed. Regardless, I get a response from the server delayed message when trying to sign in even with the new startup command.

I'm using xampp as the webserver and I can connect to to see all of the web files.

The only thing that is using the port 27015 is executer.exe which follows a path to the server files (MHTW\server\zh-tw-x-gm\Bin\Executer.exe)

I have also never installed Apple products, so I do not have any Apple services running as well.

The hosts file is also edited with the ones listed above.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Currently stuck at the same point like many others before:
All Services except LocationService & HeroesCommand do not finish booting.

WAMP is running, SQL is running, can access the localhost, RCClient / RCServer running, NMServer running
Reinstalled SQL to ensure that I have a password (only difference to SanGawku's image is that I have my PC Administrator listed as admin aswell), ports are configured to 1433 aswell... and Double- & Triple-Checked the config files SanGawku listed in the tutorial.

Would appreciate help, whether on here, PM or on Skype (PM for info)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anything on enchant scrolls not working? I've been fiddling with maybe 4 different ways to add enchants and stats don't change, only enhances affect my stats. Or is there a way to change stats in ssms?

EDIT: Nvm. Vtools isn't complete yet, bugged out my items. Editing clean items with SQL method worked fine.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hay im having troubles with this here, iv checked everything and it seems to be all good https://imgur.com/a/YQMPM

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How to fix transaction failed, to buy inners and hairs? all be free 0nx

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@Aznkidd235 all my servers just stuck on booting and i've doubled checked on the ports and everything but nothing is wrong even the username and password in configs and database itself
and all i can read in the log is
[2017-11-20 20:24:54,805]INFO [1] - HeroesContentsLoader in 64bit
[2017-11-20 20:24:54,934]INFO [1] - GetGameCode : FeatureMatrix
[2017-11-20 20:24:55,083]INFO [1] - GetGameCodeEnd : FeatureMatrix
[2017-11-20 20:24:55,127]INFO [1] - GetFeatureMatrix : ZH-TW-X-GM
[2017-11-20 20:24:55,159]INFO [1] - GetFeatureMatrixEnd : ZH-TW-X-GM
[2017-11-20 20:24:55,348]INFO [1] - Testing Contents DB Connection...
[2017-11-20 20:24:55,353]INFO [1] - GetGameCode : FeatureMatrix
[2017-11-20 20:24:55,365]INFO [1] - GetGameCodeEnd : FeatureMatrix
[2017-11-20 20:24:55,388]FATAL[1] - Do NOT define Configuration Setting outside of ServiceCore : ignoreDSServiceReady
[2017-11-20 20:24:55,407]INFO [1] - GetTable : EventTemplate
[2017-11-20 20:24:55,430]INFO [1] - GetTableEnd : EventTemplate

Back